• donate-be-a-hero.png

Third Request By Amc - Why?

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi,

Sure could use some help?

The AMC told me that the only copies that they have of this Transfer Paper were the two that I sent to them from the Archives.

I have been telling the Va. that I requested a transfer out of this duty station to another, but that my early discharge came through first.

I had requested my complete adminintrative records from the St. Louis Archives and sent them to the AMC in May and again in July, per their request.

Today, I was told by one of the superviors that the lawyers upstairs want me to have the St. Louis Archives fax to them my complete Administrative records and to be certain that this transfer record is enclosed.

I called the Archives again and spoke to the same technicians that mailed me the two copies for the AMC.

I have asked them to please fax my complete administrative records to the AMC and to be sure that this particular paper is included.

The first thing the Archives said. " You do know that these are your records".

What did they mean?

Does the AMC think that I am making this particular paper of transfer on my computer?

Couldn't the AMC vertify this transfer sheet themselves?

No answer coming in December, now they say it will be February or they will start again, as soon as they receive the fax from the Archives.

What is the importance of this Navy Department Transfer?

Government Seal

Washington, D. C 20360

To : Chief of Navel Personnel

Subj: Letter of Transmittal in the Case of XXXXXXXX Number XXXXXXX USN

Ref: (a) Article C - 10313, Bupers Manual

(:huh: TC - 070

1. The brief with attached enclosures which is required by reference is

(a) forwarded herewith

2. Reference (B) directs that will be detached from this command by reason of permanent change of station orders in July.

XX

X. X. XXXXXX

By direction

Thanks,

Josephine

I didn't put those little faces in the letter, don't know where they came from?

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine,

Someone told the AMC that this scrap of worthless paper exists. Now they have to "find" it.

And, who knows, "finding" it could take a lonnnnnng time. And, everytime someone in the AMC sends out a "request" for this meaningless piece of paper, then that particular someone in the AMC has just justified their existence for the next pay period.................and on, and on, and on........ad infinitum.

Then you have to call Pearl, or Ernest, or whoever, at the AMC and they have to answer the 'phone and they have to tell you that they are "looking" to "find" this piece of paper, and, by answering the 'phone, then they have justified THEIR existence...............and on, and on, and on.....................

• HadIt.com Elder

Guys,

I think that you just about got that one right?

The Va is the most stupid bunch of people that I have ever met.

I wish that I knew how to endless this stupid claim.

As many have posted, they are waiting for me to die or give up!

I won't give up, but I may die first.

Thanks bunches!

Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

The first thing the Archives said. " You do know that these are your records".

What did they mean?

They might be suggesting that you should have the records sent to you for your review prior to sending them to someone else.

They probably feel obligated to get them since you brought up the fact that there was a request for a transfer and they want to see if you put a statement on the request of evedentuary value.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hoppy,

I have no ideal of what the archives meant when the lady said." these are your records."

The AMC wants a copy of my Administrative Records to which I have not touched.

Seems that the Transfer Paper is causing a problem for them, as they had never seen it.

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine