VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Common Requests Far National Records Center

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

If you have requested any records from the National Records Center will you post

What you requested

What you recieved

How long it took

I am doing an informal survey, thanks for your assistance in this.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

B) Interesting that some of the medical files were incomplete or missing. The same is true with my son. We got some medical records from off the ship but so far have nothing when he was on a cruise and almost died from the hives. He had to be med flighted off his ship and flown to another ship that was equiped with a hospital He spent 21 days in the hospital then was sent back to the ship and back to the fireroom again where he continued to have more breakouts. Heat is a major factor with hives. No one seemed to care that they actually put his life in danger. To this day he continues to have uticeria. Amazing how things are covered up or hidden

I copied the NRC letter, and wrote a FOIA letter, and included the appropriate VA form. It took the VA about one month to respond with the copy of my service records and "C" file.

Hi Chuck,

Can you tell me what VA form you used to request your C-File?

I can't find my SC disability rating letter and wondered how to go about getting a copy. I was advised by a VSO to send a simple letter to my VA RO requesting my C-File. That just seems too easy to me, but I figured the fellow should know what he's talking about. That letter is sitting on my coffee table, waiting to go out in tomorrow's mail ...

I scoured the VA Forms search engine and never found a form I thought could be used to request my records.

Which form did you use?

hello. A fellow Marine who just got out said he requested his records from Nara and or the Marine Corps and neither can find his records....could they be in transit he got out in September of last year? I am stumped on this one.

hello. A fellow Marine who just got out said he requested his records from Nara and or the Marine Corps and neither can find his records....could they be in transit he got out in September of last year? I am stumped on this one.

I waited one year after I separated from the Navy before I tried to order my DD214 from the archives. Then it took them two months to get it to me.