Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Independent living

Rate this question

ghost14d

Question

I just enrolled in the independent living program through voco rehab.I was told i will get a good computer and printer. Anyone else know anything about this program? 

Yeppers. The VR&E pukes are now officially " stressed out and suffering high anxiety". They tried to saddle me with a padewan VRC -the last one in the office. Declined the offer. Now they are set to arrive on Tuesday the 4th. They want me to supply my own Individualized Independent Living Plan (IILP) and accept something smaller than what Farmtek designed for me. The whole thing is a dog and pony show. The greenhouse Farmtek determined I need is $140,000.00. VA is prepared to offer anything as long as it doesn't go over $15,000.00 to install it. Davis Bacon prevailing wages to install mine is $42,000.00 or $26,000.00 if a private contractor did it. This is like the Farmtek doctor telling you you need to do chemotherapy and then the VA milkman says "Man, I don't see it. I sure wouldn't take that crap. It won't help.Try this aspirin."

One thing for sure is at the end of the Tuesday Meet and Greet they'll have 9 days left to play poker before I go back to the CAVC for a new Writ or a request to recall mandate on the August 25th order. I gave them another 90 days to get their fecal matter together July 13th. 38 CFR  §21.98(b)(2) is pretty clear. So is 38 USC §3107(c). It sure isn't my fault if they can't read a calendar or add up to 90. The big problem is they use the M 28 R manual and ignore the statute and regulations. Unfortunately, the CAVC doesn't recognize the M 21 or M 28 since they rarely agree with statute and regulation. 

Guns free. Cleared in hot. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Hopefully in 90 days you will be approved for the greenhouse that you  want...cross fingers for ya Bud

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

No, hopefully I will be awarded it on Tuesday. I already did my 90 days hard time for disagreeing. That was on top of the one-year plus delay in implementing the BVA award. Or I just call Bob again and ask what part of the IILP they don't get. It would be one thing if they arrive with their own IILP but they are too lazy to even write one up. They seem to think I'm going to fold holding four aces. I have almost six years into this May 2011 filing. Why surrender when you've won the war?

• HadIt.com Elder

I hear that Alex

Now I wish they would hurry their asses up  cause I'm Hungry for some fresh Home grown Veggies.....:wink:

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!