Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraine C&P

Rate this question

DevilDog12

Question

Requested an increase from 30% to 50% for migraines.  Examiner only marked one headache per month, but stated I miss 5-6 days of work per month, and daily activity is less than 25% of normal.  Is this sufficient for the increase?  

He also stated severe economic adaptabiliy.  C&P is below. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4 answers to this question

Not sure why the examiner, under 3c put Less than 1 Day and also 1-2 Days for your pain?

I think it's a positive exam for an increase from 30% to 50%.  

You are 90% now so depending on where you are on the scale you may still remain 90%.  Do you have your exact %?

I was confused also.  I put this increase in at the recommendation of my VA Neurologist.  Everything is documented.  4-6 migraines per month, on average.  He also recommended a Sleep Study, and now I use a CPAP.  I am already rated 30% for migraines, and 30% for Sleep Impairment, and the code sheet says a 50% rating is not warranted, unless CPAP is needed.  So.....I put in a request for increase for migraines, and Sleep Apnea.  I am at an 87, rounded to 90.  Not sure were these increases will put me.  I'm just glad that I now have good medication for migraines, and am sleeping through the night, thanks to the CPAP.  

As for the C&P notes for migraines, not sure why he marked what he did.  Maybe it was an honest mistake.

50% MDD/Anxiety

30% RLS

30% Migraines

30%Sleep Impairment (Persistent Daytime Hypersomnolence)

20% Scar

10% Sinusitis

Edited by DevilDog12

It's good to get your contentions S/C. You aren't trying for a 100% are?  You will need at least another 50-60% for that. 

Eventually, yes.  Because not sure How long I will be able to work for.  I miss a lot of work now.  But, I would like to work as long as I can, health permitting.  But for now, just want the SC that fits the disability.