VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation for Notification!!!

Rate this question

kidhuff3

Question

Ok just checked eben, my status is now in Preparation for Notification.. Can I call the VA to find out my rating or do I have to wait? If they granted me treatment for my depression, is that a sign that they will service connect it? It's weird, it says granted treatment for depression, but the actual depression rating got deferred. 

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Your depression could be rated 0%, making it service connected but not affecting your overall rating. You can't really call the VA until after it says your claim is closed. It could be pending decision for days, weeks, months, yet. Once it says 'closed' you can go and download your AB8 (service connected benefits/summary letter, under manage documents on Ebenefits) and it will reflect the new percentage if there has been a change. That sometimes takes a day or two after a decision is finalized and closed before its updated, though. 

Your benifits letter will usually show first.  Then you should see it under your disablilities, and then you should get the letter in the mail.  It happens quite fast.  But, it could go backwards.  Mine went backwards last Friday, but came back to Notification on Wednesday and showed up on my benifit letter today.  It also showed in my disabilities, that one was found not service connected, one was service connected at 30% and one was deferred.  This was out of 4 things claimed.  So something is still in the air.

So, today I know this much because of eBennies.  When I get the letter, I will know more.

Good luck,

Hamslice

7 minutes ago, Hamslice said:

Your benifits letter will usually show first.  Then you should see it under your disablilities, and then you should get the letter in the mail.  It happens quite fast.  But, it could go backwards.  Mine went backwards last Friday, but came back to Notification on Wednesday and showed up on my benifit letter today.  It also showed in my disabilities, that one was found not service connected, one was service connected at 30% and one was deferred.  This was out of 4 things claimed.  So something is still in the air.

So, today I know this much because of eBennies.  When I get the letter, I will know more.

Good luck,

Hamslice

So with deferred decisions, which the one that went to notification was, is that usually a good or bad sign, usually are they SC'ed or not?  

I have found out in my area that the people trying to help me from the FDVA are overworked and don't have the time to do the job properly. I have had my claim in and appeals since 2015 and it has gotten no where with there help. I decided to join groups like this one and  just Googling everything I could this past August through November. I know everyone here is waiting or helping people that are waiting to hear about their claim.
I just saw that my claim was in Preparation for notification so I guess I will find out pretty soon.
I want to thank everyone for the help and advise, will let you know what I did right or wrong when I get my decision letter.
Thanks Again!
put in 08/12/2018
Compensation
Preparation for notification

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:36 AM, PatDonna321 said:

Maybe someone knows. I have a 50% disability for feet, the highest they will give. I put in a claim for the other damage it has caused with Doctors saying it has caused these other problems. My podiatrist also put down that I was unemployable do to the additional problems it has caused and these other problems will only get worse, even with care. Do you think they will add the other problems in, get me up to 70% or better and find me unemployable. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. The other problems caused by my feet are, knee replacement, hip problems and back problems which my Pediatrist has written that the cause is from my feet and will only get worse.  I have put in for in my claim, knee limitation, hips and back as well as a letter from the Doctor that I am unemployable.