VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I bring in MH documents for PTSD C&P increase?

Rate this question

ozboi

Question

Hey all I have a C&P exam for PTSD increase on Monday, and just want to know if I should bring my MH progress notes, IE from my psychiatrist, MH clinic and such?

Reason I asked is because I had a TBI C&P exam yesterday and the doctor didn't even look at the documents that I brought in because he told me what he has my records when I asked him.

Also how would I be able to check the C&P if it was outsourced and not done by the VA?

Reason I ask is because I had a TBI C&P done yesterday and it was outsourced.

I am getting treatment though the VA, Ie Speech Pathology Therapy.

NEUROPSYCHOLOGY Exam was done maybe last month?

I tell him my story, what happened, my residuals, etc.

He then asks me what I think is making me have issues and problems more, TBI or PTSD.  I thought about it for a sec and I told him that I cannot answer that question but if I had to guess it would be PTSD.

What worries the crap out of me is that the C&P was only 20 minutes or so long, I asked the doctor if he wanted my progress notes, my speech pathology therapy progress notes and he said no, I asked if he has my records and he said "Yes".

20ish minutes for a C&P seems extremely short in my opinion, this is only my 3rd C&P by the way, I don't think that it will be a favorable C&P because of how short the exam was.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Thanks to everyone that responded, or lack therof :wacko:

The C&P examiner did read the notes that I had which was good because from the looks of the examiners face sometimes looked the examiner couldn't keep up with me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Never underestimate a C&P Examiner.....you never know what their thinking and what they will write up in there report...wait until you get that report.

jmo

...........................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

If you don't like the C&P report get your own medical opinion.  The VA has access to all our VA medial records.  You just have to point them in the right direction to get them.   I cannot stress how important getting your own opinions is to combat any VA medical opinions you disagree with for your rating.  The C&P exam does make up the major evidence the VA uses in their decisions but not the only thing.  I have gotten many second opinions over the years and this is how I got to where I am now from a initial 10% rating.  It took me years to learn something about the system because I trusted worthless VSO's. People need coaching on how to proceed with these claims or they will have to learn the hard and very slow way like I did and possibly lose thousands of dollars in compensation along the way.  Medical evidence is what you need and you can create your own via IMO/IME and using your own private records if they say what you need for them to say.   

@Buck52 thanks for responding back, I'm justjust really worried because the Tbi c&p was really fast and didnt read my notes, but the press c&p was about 2 hours long and the examiner read my notes.  I will just have to wait and see....

@john999 hey thank you for responding, I will keep in mind what you said but for now i just have to wait and see what the TBI c&p says....