VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2016 up-to-date timelines

Rate this question

Desert03

Question

New here, 

My claim status just got updated to: Preperation for decision. 

I am looking for recent time tables for the claim steps. So far my claims has been much faster than what I have seen years past. Although maybe I was able to avoid pit-falls. But as things get closer to the end my anxiety is also ramping up. How much longer should it take if my claim does not get kicked back that is. Please help me get a grip on this obsesive checking of of e-benefits 

semper fi, 

desert

2 answers to this question

Forget about timelines, seldom are they accurate.

Just be sure your Direct Deposit Account information on file with the VA, is accurate. Then be sure your Bank/CU Direct Deposit account is set up to Txt & Email you regarding "ALL Finacial Transactions," in real-time each day.

If your claim is Awarded, the Retro usually hits your bank account 2 - 3 weeks before your Decision Letter arrives.

My 01/16 Retro Deposit hit 1 week after E-Ben showed my 12/15 Quality Review Award from a 07/15 Increase Denial. The actual Award Letter didn't arrive until mid 04/16.

We won't even discuss a possible Denial. right, who cares. Just start thinking about a NOD, just in-case.

Semper Fi

Just dealing with the anxiety, right now. I want to believe the VA claims process has gotten it's act together. In addition to the fact there were no recent timelines. I realize everyone has there own journey thru the system. Hearing about completed claims helps me believe in the magic.

Semper fi

desert

I think complaining about things help us all breath a little easier. 

Edited by Desert03
Fixing