VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New diagnosis while FDC in progress ( add new claim to FDC or what until this one is done)

Rate this question

fiasco2g

Question

I have a FDC in progress right now (PTSD and hearing/tinnitus) but have a new diagnosis this week of fibromyalgia from the VA rheumatologist that was not filed yet. Can I add this to my claim without hurting the FDC status or just wait until this one is complete and start a new one for Fibromyalgia. Since it is a presumptive does the claim need to be filed before 31 Dec 2016 or just the diagnosis before this date (which I should have in writing once myhealth blue button updates in a few days). Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Let the VA do the adding to, not you. You send anything in after filing the FDC, could derail the FDC & make it a Reg A$$ Claim, not good.

If you have a New Medical condition that has been DX'd and you believe it is either a Direct or Secondary SC, File a New FDC. Let the VA decide if it should be combined with the Prior FDC, that has not been completed as yet.

I did exactly that back in 2/14 & 4/14, both FDC's remained separate and Decisions were received on both claims within 2 weeks of each other.

Semper Fi

+1 on the advice from Gastone.

If you are referring to the cutoff for GW presumptive, you'll need proof (i.e. a DX) that the condition manifested prior to that date.  Unknown if it will be extended or not with the current circa inside the beltway...

Fiasco, I forgot to mention, always start your E-Ben New Claim right away. You can hit the Submit Button any time within 12 months of Starting the Claim on-line, Retro Date is locked in as the Start Date.

I have never worried about any changes the VA or Congress might impose, "Everything they say and do is for our benefit," Ya Right.

Semper Fi

I would add it, unless you have been to exam.

It shouldnt really add much (if any) time on to the claim, and it doesn't matter if you are FDC excluded or not.  Same same these days.  It does not matter one bit as far as timeliness. 

VA wastes a lot of time and money as far as FDC exclusions now, with (virtually always) zero change to the veteran.

Yes. So far on my FDC they have asked for and waited 30 plus days for info I uploaded from the get go. I tried to send a message through IRIS so they would not wait the complete time since I uploaded all files including va records but they never responded. The FDC was filed on 8-21-16 and after 30 days it now says it is awaiting a va facility record but not which one and that time has (10-12-16) ended but the status still says gathering evidence. Maybe in the next few weeks I will get exam dates or something.

Edited by fiasco2g