Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking for your opinion on my FDC

Rate this question

wablackwell

Question

Hello, just trying advice on my fully Developed Claim. I originally did an intent to file in September of 2015 for a PTSD claim and filed the claim in August of 2016. On 21 September 2016, I went to the VA in El Paso for my regular therapy counseling and the Therapist though that my condition had gotten worsed and I need to be hospitalized. I was Admitted to the El Paso Behavioral Hospital on 21 September and discharged on 12 October 2016 for a total of 21 days. Since I filed a FDC should I wait  and see what happens with my claim or should I go ahead and upload this new evidence to my claim? If I upload the new evidence it could delay my claim but it might also help my claim. Thanks, Bill

3 answers to this question

Send the evidence.  Delaying your claim will be much faster than a BVA appeal, or, doing everything all over again by submitting new and material evidence.  

Once, years ago, I sold janitoral supplies.  I got a call from a custormer who had complained about the floor wax.  The company rep went with me on the call.  (I was new).

The customer complained that the floor wax did not look good, it looked "blotchy", where part of the floor looked nice, while the rest of it was peeling and looked bad.  

The company rep asked the customer if he had followed directions on the can.  The can says you have to strip off all the old wax, and apply 3 coats and buff.  

The customer responded he did not have time to strip off the old wax, and apply 3 coats, that he just gobbed it on, and buffed over the old wax.  

I will remember what the rep said, forever:

"If you dont have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over?"

That was the bottom line.  No wax will stick to an old oily, old wax buildup.  The customer had to start over, strip off the old and new wax and reapply 3 coats.  It took much longer the second time, because the new wax, where the floor was bare from wear, was very hard to get off.  

If you dont want to take the time to send in your evidence, when will you have time to redo everything?  

Edited by broncovet