VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Personality Disorder - How? Where Is The Evidence?

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi,

The BVA wants to know " What was the reason for her early discharge"?

Why was I given a Personality Code of 460 on my dicharge?

Where is the evidence of a personality disorder?

What I have in my record :

1. Request and Approval for a change of duty station.

2. Vascular v tension headaches - caffergot not effective - librium 4 times daily.

3. Psychiatric consulation for nervousness, headaches and irratability with a change of efficiency. Dis-satisfied with working conditions and foul mouth people. Felt that the recruiters lied to her.

4. Second psychiatric consutation- symptoms the same. no personality conflicts recommends early discharge.

5. Evaluation Board of 4 sign off for discharge by reason of unsuitability.

Headaches, Nervousness, Librium and Caffergot - How does this equal a Personality Disorder?

My first claim of 1978, was filed for Nervousness, headaches and high blood pressure.

Received letter within 6 weeks - no service connection. No records acquired by Va.

I have 42 years of medical records for nervous anxiety and headaches.

In 1978 and 2002- if I tell the counselor to acquire the Compentecy Review Psychiatric Records- are they still not obligated to get them from the Archives? Are they not obligated to acquire my Administrative Records.

2003 awared Pension for Anxiety and Depression.

2004 - I acquire all the psychaitric records and competency review board.

2006 - I acquire all the administrative records with the missing request for change of duty station and the evaluation board.

Now, where am I, except ready to drop the whole mess! I am sick of it all!

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine,

Continued from previous post.

The VCAA of 2000 changed some of the rules I had to deal with. Since 2000 the VA is supposed to assist you in developing your claim if you have a current post service diagnosis.

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine,

Continued from previous post.

The VCAA of 2000 changed some of the rules I had to deal with. Since 2000 the VA is supposed to assist you in developing your claim if you have a current post service diagnosis.

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder
I would also bet that the VA can produce good reason to justify there action. I do not think this was an error. I hope I am wrong. If I am wrong other doors could open to an earlier claim date.

Where do I look for this good reason?

All I see is a bunch of medical records with symptoms of nervousness, and headaches with librium and caffergot being prescribed.

I am so tired of this claim, and fighting the liars at the Va. I don't much give a hoot what they decide.

Believe me, "it is not like they can take my home or family."

I haven't depended on the Va for a dime to date.

One doesn't miss what they never had. Correct?

All that I ask of the BVA was for my case to be heard. No more or no less.

Right?

Always,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends

If you have any psych tests in service or within one year of service. This could be evidence in your favor even if they gave you a personality disorder. They did that to me and ill share with you how I got through it.

I had the MMPI test with the bar graphs and a diagnosis of adolecence adustment reaction. 2 1/2 years latter I took the same MMPI tests. showed schizophrenia. I took the two tests and superimposed them upon each other. They were identical. The symptoms, test results wording everything was the same except for the interpitaton of the test results. Thats one of the reason the VA fought 22 years to keep me from an C&P examinaton, Once I had an examinaton it was a done deal I would eventully get my 100%.

The Minneapolis MN VA did in 1976 research on why psychotic veterans were taking the psych tests and showing normal results. The VA found those vets who had intact intelligence knew what was crazy answers and normal behavior. Many vets were in denial or did not want to be ill so they answered the tests not on what they were actully experencing but what they felt would appear to be normal responces.

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry,

No, I have never had the test that you speak of.

Everything was super o.k. with the Va. until I located all of my psychiatric records from the archives in 2004, where they lay for 42 years.

When I turned in copies of those, I immediately had a C&P for " an acquired psychiatric disorder".

The Va Psychologist ruled generalized anxiety disorder non -specific with depression with a More Likely than Not.

Two weeks later I was transferred into Huntington, W. Va.

They ignored that C&P examination.

They ordered the board of two. The two did not agree. - appears to be primary symptoms of a personality disorder and appears the veterans anxiety did not begin or worsen with service.

Axis 1 - Anxiety Disorder - Non Specific

AXis2- Borderline Personality disorder

Axis 5 GAf - 40.

Hungtington ruled- We place our weight with the Psychiatrist as they were psychiatrist.

BVA for investigation of this C&P. Too many lies and no rationale for decision or etilogy.

AMC to make decision.

If neg, I am out of this game.

Not worth it to me!!!

Thanks,

Josephine