Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing At Va

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was wondering if bringing my wife along to my hearing at the VA would help my cause. If they ask me how I got there I can say my wife had to drive me because of the side effects of VA medications. The hearing is about my DMII and PN. VA is trying to say my PN preceded my DMII so it is not secondary.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You need to look up this docket number under the BVA - Board of Veteran Appeals, not the U. S. Court of Appeals.

Hope this helps you.

Bev

BEV

I meant to say Board of Veteran Appeals, didn't find it there either says docket number doesn't exist, i even put in a old docket number of mine from a few years ago, and it says that doesn't exist either, so type in hypertension-diabetes 2, kick up a whole bunch, wish I knew the year, that would narrow it down some.

BEV

I meant to say Board of Veteran Appeals, didn't find it there either says docket number doesn't exist, i even put in a old docket number of mine from a few years ago, and it says that doesn't exist either, so type in hypertension-diabetes 2, kick up a whole bunch, wish I knew the year, that would narrow it down some.

BEV

I found Berta old post and printed it out, also found some others by someone else that pretain to some of my cases, in case I have to appeal. You have to go by citation number not docket number to find anything I think

You need to type in 03-37 357 in the search box. Leave the year field as ALL. I did this and found it. If you need any further help finding it, let me know.

Bev.

You need to type in 03-37 357 in the search box. Leave the year field as ALL. I did this and found it. If you need any further help finding it, let me know.

Bev

did what you said and it worked, but I found it through Berta link from a week ago, earlier, but thanks, will know how to do it the next time around.

Les(in MN

Preceded? -----that's good-

I would not only take your wife with you but take the VA's own Training letter on DMII-I will attach here-

and take anything at all you can find at the ADA web site on how diabetes causes PN.

Try the VA's own web site too as they have diabetes info there too-

PN comes from vascular involvement due to diabetes-

the VA knows better then I do ( I am not a medical person) that PN is secondary-

If they are insisting it is not ,in your case, they have to give you a medical etiology for it- meaning any other medical cause for PN- aside from the DMII. They have to give rationale for that too.

If you have HBP and ED and any other complication on the trainging letter here-make sure they know it and rate it.

I hope -I think- I actually got on board here today-------

I was wondering if bringing my wife along to my hearing at the VA would help my cause. If they ask me how I got there I can say my wife had to drive me because of the side effects of VA medications. The hearing is about my DMII and PN. VA is trying to say my PN preceded my DMII so it is not secondary.

I forgot I cant attach anything to a fast reply:

Every vet with SC DMII should have a copy of this:

OK- losing my post--- when I attach-

Go to the VA web site and under Directives I believe it is there-

DMII_VA_Training_Letter.doc

DMII_VA_Training_Letter.doc

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

I am taking my wife with me to testify about how drugs for pain from PN affect my ability to drive and be independent. I will take the training letter with me. I have some newer medical records from VA about my PN and chronic pain so I will bring them. I will take my shot. VA just combed my medical records looking for any possible alternative explanation for the PN. They sited old injuries and conditions but there was no rational. They took the word of an internist over a board certified neurologist on the PN. They just ignored the medical findings in my AO exam. They said the PN preceded the DMII but granted SC for lower extremities. The decision does not make sense and the De Novo review is even more incomplete and incompetent and illogical. Standard VA decision!