Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

if I say my SSDI claim is denied how long does it take for a appeal since my claim is flagged for as a veteran?

Mr jfrei- I will give you a partial answer. When you pose an "IF" question the factors that weigh in on the outcome are increased, making it difficult to answer. 

I find it more helpful to Google the question I have with quotation marks,  making it easier for you to find information that is relevant to your particular circumstance. 

Example: "If I say my SSDI is denied, how long does it take for an appeal since my claim is flagged as a veteran"?  

I still think in SSDi & VA claims,  it is in the quality of the claim, meaning if you fit the criteria for approval it may not take as long as ones that do not fit  & go onto ....appeals. 

I don't think there is a specific time frame for processing - specially since the hiring freeze, may affect all governmental offices -  was signed into order yesterday. The VA gave us a memo saying appointments may be rescheduled at the VA where I am seen they were already short staffed. 

Good luck. 

Short staffed where I have already spoken to my DDS three times I gave her all medical records she needed relating to my TBI and my VA records as well. Hopefully the doctors aren't short staffed with the freeze. So I sit a wait patiently awaiting until next week to call her and ask if she was able to download the records on the disk from the hospital I have her. Just alittle worried for nothing.l much like the 6 years I awaiting for my VA claim to be finalized.

jfrei - I got word today at my VA appointment, the freeze for just the VA only has been lifted - this was by a VA employee. Sorry for the wait - I knew I was Blessed & Grateful - mine was very quick, but I know it  is unusual - my circumstances were unusual ......- Soc security 2 mos/ VA claim 370 days - I need to go buy a lottery ticket :)  Stop checking ebenefits , et al and focus on living your life. :) 

Dropped by SSA today and they said my case has already been approved.

Call your auditor or go to local SSA office: ONLY they would know. SSA has beat the VA using VA data, so they are quick. We are similar high priorities cases for SSA, so just take a deep breath. I just hope this will push the VA into action!

22 hours ago, L said:

jfrei - I got word today at my VA appointment, the freeze for just the VA only has been lifted - this was by a VA employee. Sorry for the wait - I knew I was Blessed & Grateful - mine was very quick, but I know it  is unusual - my circumstances were unusual ......- Soc security 2 mos/ VA claim 370 days - I need to go buy a lottery ticket :)  Stop checking ebenefits , et al and focus on living your life. :) 

I hate how often I check ebenefits or the ssa website ten times everyday damn iPhones.