Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSDI 'Golden' M.D. letter example

Rate this question

armorer

Question

Greetings,

Does anyone have a 'Golden' M.D. SSDI letter with important factors listed. For example, I have seen Nexus letters like Dr. Bash writes which has all the important factors listed the VA wants to see. I would appreciate a similar letter tailored to the SSDI, for important factors they require as well (without spending $!6K I don't have.) I have an expert M.D. who may help me, but I'd like guidelines to assure I get the maximum possible. I am broke now and have my VA C&P exams needed (for immediate TDIU at approximately 90% so far), but you all know about the VA delay factor. I would like to expedite my SSDI since they seem willing and able to do so. However, I don't want to shoot myself in the foot doing something stupid, because I have dementia and water on the brain. I don't know how anyone with Severe or Mild TBI gets through this UNTIL they get SSDI for independent M.D. services (although the TBI department and others at VA have been quite helpful.) Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

I have almost been killed twice in 4 months of homeless shelters with someone messing with my motorcycle: so I am looking at the SSDI to help get me out of here, for survival, until I get my VA disability. Please help.

5 answers to this question

I am awaiting to hear back from my SSDI claim I just filed and is expedited as well. I had a severe TBI in 2006 got out in 2010 I was just approved for TDIU in Nov 2016. I had never heard about SSDI but when I did I filed on Jan 9 2017 I have submitted everything I had into SSDI as far as my TBI was concerned so as soon as I get a response Ill let you know. I was hoping to get a quick response like the 28 day response someone got on here I'm at day 16. Its like counting down the days when your on deployment sucks until you get to single digits. I'm right next door in DE though.

Good luck on the 28 day thing. I did my SSDI immediately after TDIU claim and filled up 400 pages of HealthEVet Blue Book notes in 2nd half of 2016. Needless to say, I was busy concentrating on my VA appts. I got a letter Saturday that said I was medically qualified for SSDI, if my non-medical factors are ok (?). So i have to find out what they are talking about exactly.

DE is the size of a county in California, so that is an advantageous logistical factor you have in your favor, among many (i.e - wife, life, family, 100% rating, ...) The VA is the long one to get, and SSDI is comparatively helpful (for Vets); so relax, you are not losing anything but the present value of money itself (interest.)

The SSDI medical insurance options for Disabled Vets is the best health care possible from what I understand: so the SSDI being first will make me a HeathEVet  :-)

I'm on the same boat almost the same day is when I went to the SSA office handed them my claim have been their 3 more times submitting medical evidence. How long did it take to get your initial claim awarded or did you have to appeal? Good point about the size of Delaware another good reason I moved here that and no sales tax.

It took about 9 months, but I did a lot of SSDI research to fill out my claim presentation w/a lawyer self help package for $125 that took several months to complete (while I was going to 4 VA appts./week- every test and film imaging you can imagine!). 

We are on different protocol programs. You are on the fast track (but still, good luck on the 28 days.) It sounds like you've got the SSA number to speak to your first line auditor. Mine took long because I had evidence appointments over 9 months. Call your auditor up: they are very nice to basket case Vets,

** I never had to go past the first line SSDI auditor! **    ;-)

Work like hell to give them what they ask for. They are probably on top of it already anyway. They have M.D. database information about things you thought no one knew about: they know everything and even things YOU don't know about yourself!  :-O

This is a copy of my Neurologist exam for my TBI paid for by SSA I talked to the adjudicator at DDS she had me go to this and fill out my RFC. I was in wait for my VA neuropsych test that I hand delivered her today she seemed happy she said she was going to submit her paperwork to the Ssa doctor for finalizing. Hope that's a good sign when I asked for a copy of the exam she was happy to get it for me I said just in case I need a copy to have a third party look at it. She said you'll be fine you will know next week. I can't do any unexpected delays my doctor want to send me to inpatient care for my TBI and my wife's having our baby next month. The va says I don't have to check in for the PTRP program for a year after my child is born so there are at least accommodating my new life in my life. 

IMG_3495.JPG

IMG_3496.JPG

IMG_3499.JPG