VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Enjoy Life

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I won SC for my sTBI and was granted SMC S so not sure if it's worth all the time of exhaustion, frustration for my family life. I'm literally tired like you have to be for fighting what I know I deserve. I think I'm taking some time to get my health under evaluation so I can start an effective treatment to help with my residuals. My claim was started in 2010 didn't grant SC after my appeal in 2016. Maybe someone can explain what all the it takes for one to go from SMC S to T (r2)? I have just been dx by the VA Neurologist with an adjustment disorder as a result of my sTBI and my headaches which were daily are getting better but not until they gave me Ritalin for my adjustment disorder. So I filed for my disorder secondary to my sTBI with all my records from the VA and the two doctors who opinioned that through the FDC. It was moving really quick which had me thinking they were going to deny so I phoned in two days and they said it was awaiting rating with he raters. Three hours after that  it went back to under review? How is that possible when i called yesterday he said I have know idea what happened to your claim call back in May... does this sound like they saw something in my evidence that may require a C&P for? I'm rated at 0 percent for my headaches But since I am getting some help with acupuncture, Botox, and now Ritalin to help lessen the pain how can a increase keep getting denied?I know that you can only have one mental rating which is why I filed for an increase to my sTBI to add my adjustment disorder to the list of residuals, which already has PTSD and sleep disturbances. Is it possible that after 10 years the residual of cognitive impairment that's already apart of my rating can be changed to just chronic adjustment disorder? It's like if you don't ask the right questions at your exams you'll get undiagnosed for ailments until it's to late....

2 answers to this question

On 4/22/2017 at 10:03 AM, jfrei said:

I won SC for my sTBI and was granted SMC S so not sure if it's worth all the time of exhaustion, frustration for my family life. I'm literally tired like you have to be for fighting what I know I deserve. I think I'm taking some time to get my health under evaluation so I can start an effective treatment to help with my residuals. My claim was started in 2010 didn't grant SC after my appeal in 2016. Maybe someone can explain what all the it takes for one to go from SMC S to T (r2)? I have just been dx by the VA Neurologist with an adjustment disorder as a result of my sTBI and my headaches which were daily are getting better but not until they gave me Ritalin for my adjustment disorder. So I filed for my disorder secondary to my sTBI with all my records from the VA and the two doctors who opinioned that through the FDC. It was moving really quick which had me thinking they were going to deny so I phoned in two days and they said it was awaiting rating with he raters. Three hours after that  it went back to under review? How is that possible when i called yesterday he said I have know idea what happened to your claim call back in May... does this sound like they saw something in my evidence that may require a C&P for? I'm rated at 0 percent for my headaches But since I am getting some help with acupuncture, Botox, and now Ritalin to help lessen the pain how can a increase keep getting denied?I know that you can only have one mental rating which is why I filed for an increase to my sTBI to add my adjustment disorder to the list of residuals, which already has PTSD and sleep disturbances. Is it possible that after 10 years the residual of cognitive impairment that's already apart of my rating can be changed to just chronic adjustment disorder? It's like if you don't ask the right questions at your exams you'll get undiagnosed for ailments until it's to late....

So headaches I know, I see neurologist and take daily pain meds. Key to that is the word prostrating, I'm 30% becaise I actually used that word in my C&P exam. The tiredness I get, it's almost like winning your case becomes an unhealthy addiction or obsession. The only thought becomes how can I win.

12 hours ago, ShuMan said:

So headaches I know, I see neurologist and take daily pain meds. Key to that is the word prostrating, I'm 30% becaise I actually used that word in my C&P exam. The tiredness I get, it's almost like winning your case becomes an unhealthy addiction or obsession. The only thought becomes how can I win.

Exactly I didn't know what that word ment until it was to late and the exam was over. But oddly my headaches are getting a little better but I'm also prescribed Ritalin now for my adjustment disorder. As far as my Permanent and total claim Mr Ebert emailed and said I am now being evaluated for it. It's funny I filed FDC and within a week it was at the raters. He responded to  my email it's now kicked back to under review at least it wasn't an instant denial.

Edited by jfrei