VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to File a NOD through Ebenefits?????

Rate this question

Raza2009

Question

Hi. I cannot figure out how to submit my NOD and supporting documentation through e benefits. There is not a link for me to click to upload the NOD. There is not even a link to start an official appeal. Do I send it in snail mail and hope they load it to ebenefits for me to follow? 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Raza2009 : Once in your account - look up..... at the tab for" Apply"(Compensation)  

It will then take you to the next screen, left hand side of screen states ......"upload" supporting documents. 

You will know they uploaded,....... because it will appear at the bottom portion of where you are uploading as an "attachment" - if you do not see the individual attachments you loaded... it did not attach, so retry - you can also check by opening once they upload. 

Hope this helps. 

Raza, I trust you're not nearing the 11th Hour of the Deadline to file your NOD.

You can try the E-Ben but why not just follow the 21-0958 Instructions? In the "Completion Instructions, it specifically states to "Submit by US Mail or Hand Deliver to your RO." There is no mention of Faxing the NOD or using E-Ben to attach a Scanned Copy of the 0958.

A US Mail Certified Delivery, Return Receipt would be in your hands within 2 weeks. Anytime I've hand delivered FOIA or NOD's to my RO, the intake clerk gives me a Date Stamped copy of the document.

Your NOD, your decision.

Semper Fi

Thank you both for the response. No, I am not even close to nearing a deadline I just like to ensure that I know I can see a document online in ebenefits. I will probably go both routes just to ensure it is done.  :-)