VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What should I do?

Rate this question

tylerb333

Question

I have a 70 percent rating for PTSD due to MST.  I have an additional 20 percent for lumbosacral strain.  That, of course is rounded up to 80 percent.  My PTSD has secondary opiate, alcohol, and marijuana use disorders.  I contracted Hep C in 2001 shortly after being separated while self medicating.  My question is should I put in my TDIU in first or put my claim in for Hep C secondary condition to PTSD due to my drug use?  If I get the secondary the TDIU is a moot point.  I guess I am asking what is the best way to proceed?

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Do everything.  The theory that you throw it all up against the wall and see what sticks is pretty solid. Besides that, HCV can be pretty damaging, you should get it covered and SC either way.  If they clear it up, its still able to come back years down the road, it will be in your liver forever. The TDIU should be determined separately, but include it in the same claim.  If you get both approved, you have not lost anything. If both are denied, you can appeal.  Read up on Asknod' website about HCV, he has been working that issue for a while.