Sponsored Ads

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Advertisemnt

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Sign in to follow this  
MikeHunt

Suggestions for and IMO/IME Lymes disease

Question

Hello, thanks for all your past advice and encouragement.

I'd like suggestions for a physician to write and IMO and DBQ.

I got Lyme's at a two week event at Ft. McCoy. I have residuals from day one, and believe it recurred twice. I recently found receipts showing a diagnosis two-three days after I returned home- And- This: Won Appeal Lyme's Ft. McCoy thanks so Haddit!

I did try Dr. Bash, but he didn't respond.

I don't have a lot of money, so I can't afford to spend thousand(s) on an opinion/DBQ.

I got diverticulitis on day one- Where I'd never had it before. It is a current disability. I understand this may be somewhat difficult to nexus.

I may also have other issues, but I want to keep the post simple as possible.

Could someone recommend an affordable physician? Thank you again.

2 answers to this question

Here is one who has lime in the specialty focus,  Allan E Rubenstein MD, at Comprehensive Neurology Services, PC Phone: (212) 974-3009. 

Let us know the fee and sample.

Ad

Begin by asking the doctors you already see now.  They have your history, and an IME is often better than an IMO.  (The differnce, of course, is the IME doc actually examines you, and can opine on what he actually observed, while an IMO doc only opines on what other docs wrote in the medical records)  

For example ask them, "Do you think this Lyme disease was caused by (something that happened in your military service, such as exposure to ticks in Vietnam, etc)?

If he says yes, then ask him to document that opinion in your records.  Poof..there is your nexus.  Cost: 0 dollars.  This works, of course, but not with every doc.   It worked like a charm for me.  

If this fails, then you can even make an appt with another VA doc, say in a different VAMC convienient to you.  (I have about 3 VAMC's within 100 miles, but it may be harder for you.)  

Finally, if you have exhausted your options with VA docs, then you can pay for a private IMO/IME.  VA docs vary widely, just like private docs.  Some are very Veteran friendly while others are not.