Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Advice Pronto

Rate this question

kkp

Question

I just called the Huntington ro to get an update on My claim. For the past several months they keep telling Me the same thing, That a decision has to be made on my IU claim before My appeal on My 50% ptsd, and an NOD on My right knee can be considered.

Today they told Me My appeal on the ptsd, and the NOD on my right knee was before the review board. Since this is different from what they have been telling me, I told him what they had been saying about the IU claim. He just confirmed what He had already told me. The ptsd appeal is about two years, the NOD on the right knee about three months, and the claim for IU about two and one half months.

I’m wondering what some of your thoughts are.

Also I have a new claim for hearing loss, tinnitus, vertigo, and menier’s ready to file, and I am wondering if I should hold off and see what happens with this.

Thanks in advance as always kkp

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It may be beneficial to wait because the claims folder is with the appeals team and you do not want it kicked back to the development team. This can cost a lot of time in the process.

Edited by jbasser

I filed 3 more claims while waiting on my PTSD/IU appeal and they let me know they are going to decide the new claims first. It will delay my appeal for quite awhile most likely. I would wait and let your appeal be completed first.

Cavman

• HadIt.com Elder

KKP,

I was transferred into Huntington from the Roanoke Office - ready to rate with a More Likely than Not.

Bull, they set me up with that stupid board Hypxxxxx exam.

I waited 9 months for a hearing with the DRO. Never did get one.

I called the Roanoke Office, to see if I could find out anything, and believe me, I was told that I was headed to the BVA.

The place just about went up in smoke, when Honorable Daniel Cooper personally called them about me and told them to give me a yes or no.

At that point, I didn't care what it was, I just wanted out of there.

I wanted to get to the BVA and away from those people.

The one honest person that I located in the place was a Mr. Lipscomb. Here is his private telephone number. Perhaps, living in West Virginia, you already have these numbers.

1-304-399-9271

Call it and he will tell you the truth of where your file is going and what is being done with it. He is not a counselor. I am not sure, if they have those or not, as I live in Virginia and calling them was next to impossible.

Am I going to beat them at their game. Yes, I most certainly am!

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Today they told Me My appeal on the ptsd, and the NOD on my right knee was before the review board. Since this is different from what they have been telling me, I told him what they had been saying about the IU claim. He just confirmed what He had already told me. The ptsd appeal is about two years, the NOD on the right knee about three months, and the claim for IU about two and one half months.

Is the review board the same as the appeal team, that seems to be where my c file is at present. I really don't understand the process the ro uses. Instead of the iu having to be decided first, it's suddenly at the review board.

I just called the Huntington ro to get an update on My claim. For the past several months they keep telling Me the same thing, That a decision has to be made on my IU claim before My appeal on My 50% ptsd, and an NOD on My right knee can be considered.

I’m wondering what some of your thoughts are.

Also I have a new claim for hearing loss, tinnitus, vertigo, and menier’s ready to file, and I am wondering if I should hold off and see what happens with this.

Thanks in advance as always kkp

I'm in the same boat on my claim. I think what happens is that they defer the IU decision until our combined ratings meet the 60% or 40%/70% schedular criteria for TDIU. Then the IU gets the rating evaluation.

Ralph