Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

SSOC with denial.

Rate this question

Scott D


 I am a little frustrated with an SSOC I just received.  I had a case remanded at the CAVC due to the BVA not properly using my Drs statements.  At the CAVC the DAV lawyer and VA agreeed evidence was not properly used.  

The SSOC says the claim will be denied because the opinions from the new C and P.  They state two opinions.   I saw one Dr for three minutes. 

The case involves esophagus stricture currently at 50% should be 80%.

See attached ssoc

any help would be appreciated.  I have 30 days to submit more evidence. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • HadIt.com Elder

If you already have this S.C. AND RATED AT 50% ?

 For an increase or possible IU , you will need a Dr (Specialist) he will need to opine that  you can't work b/c of this condition , he basically needs to say your condition is chronic and severe  ....and opine  about the Liquids as well ,your going to need a good IMO  (Specialist) to give his opinion that this condition is severe just the opposite of what the C&P Examiner mention.

Now  you know how they want this medically worded.. Dr (specialist) if he can give his opine about your condition, resubmit as new  & m evidence

Your going to need a Specialist to help you on this!

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator

A SOC, or SSOC is always a denial.   Otherwise they award benefits and there is no point continuing the appeal.  Count on VA to conjure up a bogus denial, and hope you are too sick, too old, or just dont care to continue the appeal, or that you will file the I 9 to late or not at all.  It means you need to file an I9, appeal to the BVA.  It probably should so state.  You may NOT have to refile the I9 if you have already filed it and especially if you submitted new evidence.  Thats probably why you got the SSOC..you appealed and submittted new evidence.  This shouls always result in a SSOC OR an award of benefits.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use