Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Doctor Did Not Refill Outside Doctors Prescriptions

Rate this question

chief 313

Question

after 3 days of calling cilinic ,patients rep.and others with no answer,decided to fax a letter to va under secretaty of veterans benefits daniel cooper .requesting his help to get these meds filled. any thoughts? best regards chief 313

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Knock on wood--This hasn't been a problem for me. I originally went to the VA specifically for the "drug program" enacted by congress with prescriptions in hand. I do tend to provide the "script" and a copy of any relevent diagnosis or medical tests. If they refuse to issue, I'd ask for a signed written justification why they are not complying with the terms of the Drug Benefit program. :P

after 3 days of calling cilinic ,patients rep.and others with no answer,decided to fax a letter to va under secretaty of veterans benefits daniel cooper .requesting his help to get these meds filled. any thoughts? best regards chief 313
Edited by Chuck75

The VA clinic in Jacksonville N.C. only requires the original non va prescription and the dr's reasoning for prescribing it. The drug must also be on the VA formulary. This formulary changes all the time. If they are not on the formulary you can request a waiver but chances are that before it is approved you either will not need it any more or be deseased Dale Jr. 8