VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Doctor Did Not Refill Outside Doctors Prescriptions

Rate this question

chief 313

Question

after 3 days of calling cilinic ,patients rep.and others with no answer,decided to fax a letter to va under secretaty of veterans benefits daniel cooper .requesting his help to get these meds filled. any thoughts? best regards chief 313

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Chief313:

I've tried several times over the years to have outside prescriptions filled, but no luck. VA told me last time that they didn't do it, but I'm not sure I believe them.

usn308

I had success one time in getting my VA primary physician to rewrite non-VA prescriptions onto VA forms.

Wasn't easy, but he did it. The drugs were in the VA formulary so nothing special was involved.

Ralph

after 3 days of calling cilinic ,patients rep.and others with no answer,decided to fax a letter to va under secretaty of veterans benefits daniel cooper .requesting his help to get these meds filled. any thoughts? best regards chief 313

I have had 5 meds from private docs refilled by showing to va primary doc at clinic,including Plavix and Crestor.

• HadIt.com Elder

Contact the Patient Rep or the VAMC director. They usually will fill outside prescriptions provided they're medications found in the VA formulary. May need a request from your privae doc, also. About 4-5 yrs back VA directed their docs to do it and made a big public announcement of it.

pr

As I remember you bring your prescription and or medications into your VA primiary care doctor and they will rewrite VA prescriptions if they feel the medications are required for treatment. I don't known how the VA would handle controlled sustances prescriptions.