Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still no backpay

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I was awarded 100% p&t for ptsd last october. They opened a competency claim and I am still waiting on them to make a decision. I sent in letters from my VA PTSD doctor stating I am competent. My lawyer said it appears they are finding me competent because it is in the decision phase, but it has been 6+ months waiting for an answer. My lawyer sent me a form to sign asking the VA to make a decision. Is there anything else I can do? Could it be held up because my lawyer and I are contesting the backpay doesn't go clear back to when I filed for 100%?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You don't want to hear what they say anyways it's all fabricated by some Screen they read that's usually incorrect...

It' could be held up for numerous reasons one being the amount another being you have an attorney and they have to deduct his fees before  you get yours. 

*UPDATE*

Still nothing, but the RO rep I talked to last week said the latest movement on my back-pay was the RO uploaded my documents from the VSRO or whatever it is called from when I tried to go back to school in like 2010.

Today, I notice on E-Ben they're working my dependent claim to remove my ex wife.

The fact they're working my dependent claims. Does it mean anything positive about getting my back-pay soon? I tried calling the RO rep but he is out of the office.