VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSDI Hearing ALJ

Rate this question

Troop51

Question

Looking for feedback! At my ALJ Hearing for SSDI the state medical doctor refuted all the finding for PTSD,  Anxiety, depression, panic attack, also, he said the medication they  given me isn’t sufficiently to support PTSD finding. I’m prescribed 15mg Lexapro by which the VA C&P exams doctor rated me 30% all documented.  The reason he said VA doctors don’t  diagnose  us veterans correct and implied 20/40mg should be given for PTSD symptoms. Ok, yes he said I don’t have PTSD to the ALJ during the Hearing SSDI.  Well, my VA PCP doctor submitted documents stating severe PTSD, VA PSYD CBOC submitted documents/treatment for Depression, VA MD CBOC submitted documents/reasons for medicine. The question is who statements carries more weight, someone’s whom never seen/treated me are the team that been treating me over the past 24 months. Yes, I did have a lawyer representing me there.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Of course, we dont know the outcome.  If this were a Vets benefits case (it isnt), then you would be given the benefit of the doubt.  What did your lawyer say?  

Lawyers usually take this "on contingency" which means they dont get paid unless you win.  

Given that your lawyer took your case, he or she must feel good about your chances.  

Its probably gonna revolve around the rest of the facts.  Its tough for Social Security to suggest Va does not know what they are doing.  However, your doc has done pretty much that.  

Are you working?  Did your VA doc say you cant work?  

You see, social security does not care the reason(s) you cant work, whether it be PTSD, degenerative arthritis, or a heart murmur.  VA does, it has to be service connected.  

If you have MULTIPLE VA docs stating the same thing, then that single doctors disagreement would be overruled.  

If you have the same number of docs, it may boil down to whether or not these docs are qualified.  Interestingly VA thinks outside docs cant diagnose or treat PTSD, that it has to be done by a VA doc.  Your lawyer may argue the same..that this doc does not have as much expertise as a VA psych doc who treats PTSD Vets by the hundreds.  

Hi she rebuttal all his theories because everything was in a theory for him. She told him your State examiner dignois him w/PTSD, the VA Doctors did also, plus his  counselor too w/medication.  He wasn't bugging via polycom w/no notes to reference from all he kept saying how could I've PTSD dtd in 1991 and sole custody of my kids. The answer to your question no I'm not working.  Yes, my doctors said I can't work. Yes, I've got three VA doctors PCP, PSYD, CBOC, plus out source  physical therapy doctors for my wrist and back total listing of 25 impairments. I was shocked how he diminished the VA finding. However, I keep my cool didn't take the bait 3x War Veteran Hooah! Just worried about me personally not responding in that climate. 

Doctors often disagree about a diagnosis.  It should not matter at all with social security as to whether its labeled "PTSD" or something else.  

For VA, you need a PTSD diagnosis or a link to service.  

For SSDI you dont need to link anything to service, just that you are not employable.  

Roger that! I didn't like State Doctor tone my kids are my world mother abandoned them a hard fight received them from foster care.  Well, I'm nervous I let my lawyer deal w/him I tuck my head down rules you don't argue with Judge/Doctors. I really appreciate your prompt response. The judge was focusing on my hands I told him I've trigger finger excessive sweating pain steaming from my wrist injury. Oh, my what's life if you not suffering the things veterans has to endure.