VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P exam for DDD when I submitted MRI'S???

Rate this question

Raza2009

Question

Hi. I submitted a claim for "DDD" secondary to Cervical Strain and Lumbar Strain. I have MRI's and other documents showing that it is service connected. I already am rated 20% for Cervical Strain and 40% for Lumbar strain. The MRI's clearly show bulges and herniated discs in both the cervical and lumbar area. The report states DDD and DJD on both neck and back. I have a herniated disc that is actually pressing on the spinal cord (not just the spinal canal). Do you think they might be examining for nerve damage as well?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You should get an IMO that asks and answers all the questions you have for the VA.  IMO the VA will stick to just the exact things you ask for in your claim.   Have you read the VA's schedule for rating your disability.   They are looking for certain things to rate your claim.  One thing is "bedrest" that you are required to take as mandatory for your condition.   If I am not mistaken 40% is the maximum for many cervical and lumbar conditions.  However,  having constant back or neck pain can lead to other psychological conditions and might also have other secondary conditions than are non-psychological.    Any vet who has chronic pain due to SC condition should also see a VA psychiatrist and think about making a depression claim.  If being in pain 24/7 does not depress you then you may be too depressed to realize it.  I went to the VA with neck pain and back pain issues and they started me on Morphine.  That involved a whole new list of problems that I did not ask for then.

Thank you for your response John. I already see a psychiatrist. I am asking why they would want a C&P for the secondary if I just had a C&P for my rated conditions in July.