VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got a call for C and P, what do I expect?

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

Hi Everyone,

I filed for PTSD back in 2015, they denied it because half my records were lost, didn't have a C and P. I filed an NOD in 2016 and they called yesterday to set up a C and P. I can now prove without my missing records I was at the place of where my stressor occurred, I also provided the VA with DBQ's as well as Nexus letters from my personal Psychologist as well as treatment records. I have also been being treated at the VA for a few years now for PTSD as well. My questions are, can I bring copies of the DBQ's that my Psychologist filled out as well as Nexus letters linking my military service to my PTSD to my C and P exam? Will they help with my exam? And will they take into account my VA doctors diagnosing me with PTSD and saying it was Military related as well. Sorry if this is a lot I am just heightened mentally right now> Thanks for any input

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

19 minutes ago, Navy04 said:

As stated above take everything, but remember that the Docs dont have to accept as evidence. The VA will put more weight on what their C&P docs say, so it could go either way bud. I have never, repeat, never even been able to get my VA docs to fill out a DBQ, no matter what kind of Dr. Now, I have never tried Civilian Docs, as 99% of my DRs are thru the VA. Just be hopeful, honest and try not to let it get to you. Remember that the Doc will slide in little words here and there to try to trip u up bud. Good luck, be safe and keep us posted.

Ok Thanks for the advice

I will let you know how it goes

On 11/15/2017 at 4:57 PM, Rootbeer112 said:

thanks Na

will it help to bring DBQ's and nexus letters filled out by my own Psychologist, he or she will also have all of the treatment records from my VA psychiatrist as well.

I'd vote a big "Hell Yea" on that one. Always take all your IMO's (w/ Doctor's resumes) and filled out DBQ's (even if you fill then out yourself) so they don't accidentally lose something in the mountain of paperwork they have to sift through.

The VA  constantly resurfaces 'mistakes' made on your record (against you) seized upon by lazy raters: so why not represent the facts that they constantly overlook on your record (over and over)? Eventually, since you represent the 'facts' over and over, someone will have the due diligence to do they right thing!

It will be on record!  ;-) Just because it is already on record does not mean a thing to raters with selective memory bias. They have a short term memory like me: and I don't have a short term memory at all!

1 hour ago, armorer said:

I'd vote a big "Hell Yea" on that one. Always take all your IMO's (w/ Doctor's resumes) and filled out DBQ's (even if you fill then out yourself) so they don't accidentally lose something in the mountain of paperwork they have to sift through.

The VA  constantly resurfaces 'mistakes' made on your record (against you) seized upon by lazy raters: so why not represent the facts that they constantly overlook on your record (over and over)? Eventually, since you represent the 'facts' over and over, someone will have the due diligence to do they right thing!

It will be on record!  ;-) Just because it is already on record does not mean a thing to raters with selective memory bias. They have a short term memory like me: and I don't have a short term memory at all!

Thnaks

U cover ur butt any way u can. Better to have too much evidence.  I have to eat my words. This past weekend I actually got my filled out PTSD DBQ back from the VA doc. I guess we will see. We will pray for u as well as all Vets. 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:36 AM, Navy04 said:

U cover ur butt any way u can. Better to have too much evidence.  I have to eat my words. This past weekend I actually got my filled out PTSD DBQ back from the VA doc. I guess we will see. We will pray for u as well as all Vets. 

Thanks Navy. I have my exam today. I printed out all my records from my healthy vet, have all my Nexus letters as well as DBQ's for PTSD from my Psychologist. I really don't know what else I could bring.