VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PLEASE Need to talk about this ASAP

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

Here is what I just got in an e-mail....

[

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated November 7, 2017.

Thank you for your service to our country.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. We are currently experiencing a large volume of inquiries and are working as quickly as possible to respond to each in a timely manner.

On October 13, 2016, we established a claim to appoint a fiduciary (i.e., an individual appointed by VA to assist the beneficiary with their financial affairs) for you, as you were found to be incompetent for VA purposes. This claim is open and in the initial stages of processing. The fiduciary department will contact both you and the proposed fiduciary (if applicable) if additional documentation is required and/or to schedule a field exam. When a fiduciary is approved, the payee in your record will be updated to reflect the name of the appointed fiduciary. We are unable to provide a time frame for completion with regard to this specific type of claim. 

Generally speaking, compensation and pension inquiries are received at the National Inquiry Response Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. Like the national call center, we answer questions and concerns based on the information available in our systems (which is updated by the regional office processing the claim).

Unfortunately, our office does not have control over the time our regional offices are taking to process claims. Although we empathize, we are processing each claim as fast and efficiently as possible.

]

My VA doctor, lawyer submitted everything possible to support me being competent... I can't get a hold of my lawyer and really need someone to talk to me about this. Is it possible this will be over turned BEFORE someone takes over my money?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

35 minutes ago, 11cvolley said:

Here is what I just got in an e-mail....

[

This is in response to your inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated November 7, 2017.

Thank you for your service to our country.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. We are currently experiencing a large volume of inquiries and are working as quickly as possible to respond to each in a timely manner.

On October 13, 2016, we established a claim to appoint a fiduciary (i.e., an individual appointed by VA to assist the beneficiary with their financial affairs) for you, as you were found to be incompetent for VA purposes. This claim is open and in the initial stages of processing. The fiduciary department will contact both you and the proposed fiduciary (if applicable) if additional documentation is required and/or to schedule a field exam. When a fiduciary is approved, the payee in your record will be updated to reflect the name of the appointed fiduciary. We are unable to provide a time frame for completion with regard to this specific type of claim. 

Generally speaking, compensation and pension inquiries are received at the National Inquiry Response Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. Like the national call center, we answer questions and concerns based on the information available in our systems (which is updated by the regional office processing the claim).

Unfortunately, our office does not have control over the time our regional offices are taking to process claims. Although we empathize, we are processing each claim as fast and efficiently as possible.

]

My VA doctor, lawyer submitted everything possible to support me being competent... I can't get a hold of my lawyer and really need someone to talk to me about this. Is it possible this will be over turned BEFORE someone takes over my money?

If your doctors that your have been seeing are saying your are competent and the cp examiner is who said you aren't, is that what happened?  Then you filed a NOD?  What has been the chain of events that occurred stating you were incompetent, who and then what happened?  That letter was over a year ago!  This is bs.   Post a timeline of what occurred to have them make this decision and what you did afterwards.........hopefully someone can then give you advice.  I have a few ideas that have helped me.

I talked to my lawyer and I am waiting for her to call me back, but basically I am a dumb-___. She is 90% positive this is what was stated in my original decision from oct 13th 2016. The same one that just went to the decision phase this month. 

edit: She thinks who-ever replied to my iris request just quoted what I was told back in 2016 decision and my claim/appeal is still in the decision phase. It only went to decision phase on the 9th of this month.

Edited by 11cvolley

39 minutes ago, seminoles said:

If your doctors that your have been seeing are saying your are competent and the cp examiner is who said you aren't, is that what happened?  Yes, but I did not have evidence from my doctor countering the CP examiner. Didn't know I would as I had no clue the examiner put me in as incompetent. 

Then you filed a NOD?  Yes

What has been the chain of events that occurred stating you were incompetent, who and then what happened?  I got my ptsd VA doctor to say I am competent.

That letter was over a year ago!  This is bs.   Post a timeline of what occurred to have them make this decision and what you did afterwards.........hopefully someone can then give you advice.  I have a few ideas that have helped me.

1 minute ago, seminoles said:

I am trying understand, you filed a claim, you received the final award and it gave you a rating and also stated they found you incompetent and they were going to appoint you a fiduciary which you then filed a NOD?

Yes, in oct 13 2016, but I thought it was a proposal. My lawyer and va doctor submitted evidence in support of me being competent. Fastforward to now. It is finally in the decision phase as of NOV-9th 201