VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC for house bound

Rate this question

boatman

Question

Approved SC 80%( 70% mental) 30% neuropathic pain of scare 10% Tinnitus  by BVA JAN 2017.  Lawyers are telling me I will be receiving SMC (S). I am so confused by reading about SMC. Could I get SMC with 80% total. Retro from 40% to 80% back until 2008 and a start date for SMC 2009( no Month. I started receiving 80% in Sep2017. It seems SMC pay can be awarded on a "as needed" Basis when seen by ratings officer? I under stand I will just have to wait and see! Just want to know how i could get housebound SMC (S) at 80%. Can the final award change? Could I be going to be awarded 100% or TDIU in the finale letter that tells me amount awarded for retro pay? Thank you 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

You pretty much answered your own question..you will have to wait for the rating decsion, as most of us dont want to speculate on what VA will or will not do, since that is so unpredictable.  

You can read the regulations on SMC S.  If awarded SMC S, then its HIGHLY LIKELY you have been awarded either tdiu or 100 percent.  Because of that, let me be the first to congratulate you.!  

Glad to hear you got some good news bud. As far as the SMC, it can go either way. I was going to apply for SMC S last week, cause my wife is paid to be my VA Caregiver. I just did not want to go thru this BS. Instead I put in a Claim for an increase in my PTSD, after my VA Doc filled out the DBQ. Good luck and keep us posted. I know this process is so Stressful, and glad to see your lawyers got a win for you. God Bless