VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What should i do with my claims

Rate this question

Knees-n-Da Breez

Question

Hello all. I have been at 70% and 0% for my right ear since 2011. I just got an evaluation from my psych and he wrote up a letter recommending I be 100% disabled with ptsd. I have not yet submitted my claim for an increase. Waiting for my appointment with the psych, I went to see an attorney because although I was in the 82nd Abn Div, in fear of being clowned or taken off of jump status, I never went to sick call about my knees, feet and migraines so they are not in my medical records. Since leaving the Army I have much medical documentation about my knees and migraines. My question is should I pursue the claims other than ptsd or should I just look to the ptsd? If I am granted a rating for any other claim, would there be any monetary awards in addition to ptsd? How does that work? Thanks.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

you win when a decision is made on your claim 

3 hours ago, Knees-n-Da Breez said:

I just got an evaluation from my psych and he wrote up a letter recommending I be 100% disabled with ptsd.

1 step at a time 100 % is better than 20%. jmho

• HadIt.com Elder

You should pursue all claims that you feel is because of what you did in the military  if you feel your disability's were caused from military service  definitely file claims for all those,

if you file on your knees/back , neck and although you never had medical docs while in military  then you need a Private Dr to read your service records and what you did while in the military& your lay statement and  ask him to give his  expert opinion that its likely as not you making jumps while in the 82nd Airborn division is the medically cause of your bad knees (name the disability) and give dates of your jumps,  *This is called a IMO (Independent Medical Opinion) *remember the Dr needs to say these words ''Is likely as not  the cause of your now messed up knees'' (Drs know how to give an expert medical opinion

File on all your disability that were caused from/ by your military service.

Even if your denied on some   , filing will give you a effective date when you do win

If you get a 100% sc rating for ptsd  then other disability's will be added to that and could possibly get you more  Special monthly Compensation *(smc) added to the 100% rate

don't put off filing  your claims  time is wasting for you.

As always, you will need these Caluza elements to prove your claim:

1.  Current diagnosis.

2.  In service event or aggravation

3.  Nexus, or docs opinion that your diagnosis is at least as likely due to in service event.  

Your doc does not give you a rating.  (unfortunately).  

My advice is file for the benefits or increase, as applicable.

Then order your cfile and see if you have documentation of the 3 above.  You can not "fix" number 2.  However, if you lack a current diagnosis or nexus, you can hire an IMO/IME to provide same.  This said, if you jump out of airplanes, its not hard to figure out this may mess up your knees.