VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Win? still have questions

Rate this topic

LanceJoseph

"My main question was does the retro from raise from the initial 70% to 90% (bottom of findings page) become mute due to them giving me TDIU at the 100% rate of the same EED? "

Yes, as I understand this----they will pay the TDIU rate back to the same EED then subtract any past comp you got that had the same EED.....................for the same disability the TDIU was awarded for. (the PTSD)

I hope others chime in though,if they see this differently than I do - because this stuff Does get confusing.

Yes, I went back and calculated what I received and found the difference at the 100% rate of each year, what was left over should be my retro, it gets confusing at times because my rating has chance alot over the years. I have a pretty solid idea of what the retro should be but im staying flexible because I never know what the Va will decide to do. 

So another update, The BVA decision that was sent to my RO was different in many aspects to the one sent to me. I was told that I qualified for an SMC all the way back to my initial claim in 2011, which was not in my BVA decision letter that I received. I was told that this is going to take more time due to more calculating needing to be done. I am vaguely familiar with SMC but do not understand fully what it is. 

Edited by LanceJoseph

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to peggy today to inquire how my dependent overpayment claim was going to effect my BVA award, I was pretty much told no retro payments would likely be paid out until the dependent claim was settled, So in essence they are holding my award hostage? I do have copies of the letter and divorce papers I sent to my RO in 2011 but was told without a receipt of postage they won't amount to much. My question is how should I proceed? Is this legal? I keep reading about people calling the whitehouse number and getting results but I feel as though many other veterans have much more pressing matters than my situation. Any thoughts? 

I'm not sure if anyone is following this post anymore but I would like to give a huge shout out to all of you that have helped me along the way and the entire hadit team, Berta, Allan, Broncovet, Buck and many others. Also those that put up with my inability to understand how forums work. I woke up today and against my better judgement checked E-benefits and found this! SMC-S w/ TDIU with an EED that is a day after my date of discharge. Its been a 7 year uphill battle but I can finally focus on getting my life back together. Thank you all so very much for your support, kind words, and advice. This truly wouldn't have been possible without your support and I cant wait to be able to pay it forward! 

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 2.09.02 PM.png

Yowweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! This is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure hope they speed up the retro !!!!

Congrats and thanks for hanging in there and never giving up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use