VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSD and Claim

Rate this question

Aquabear

Question

Hi,

Been a while but have been reading. I am rated and have a claim currently open. 2017 was a major change for me, I went from 20% in physical disabilities (lower spine L5-S1, L1-L4, radiculopahy lower limbs and secondary conditions) to 60% a miracle after years of denials n not following thru. PS Also 50% PTSD new as of 5/2017. 

DAV is helping me.

I went to Social Security and got my papers from SSD court and judge said I was approved for SSD due to my lower spinal injuries, spinal stenosis, tear of thecal sac and DJD and herniations in locations L5-S1 and L3-L4 and L1L2 dated November 2009 not 2013 edit.

Is this paper what I need to help me? DAV  is open tomorrow and I am going down there to show them this. 

I also told VA 800# that I was in Voc Rehab and was transferred to ILP due to my injuries flaring up going to college, they said they never knew this 2008-2009, will this also help my case?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Aquabear
wrong date put in

11 hours ago, Aquabear said:

Checked Ebenefits, it's changed to Preparation for decision. God I hope this means they are ready to make a decision, a positive decision. Edit prayers please, my anxiety has been in the sky due to this and other "life" things.

I have a claim that is sitting in that phase since January. I hope, for your sake, mine just fell off the desk and is hidden behind the trash can.

3 hours ago, EODCMC said:

I have a claim that is sitting in that phase since January. I hope, for your sake, mine just fell off the desk and is hidden behind the trash can.

I guess it's moving along, right now it changed to "Pending Decision Approval"...... 

I want to also post a positive, not sure if I ever mentioned it but I was also just approved to the "World Trade Center 9/11 Health Program" as a "first responder" so I can get help for my lungs and stuff through them thou I was there in the Navy so I can health help from the VA too but I think I might get faster n better care using 9/11 program.

EODCMC I hope your status changes soon.

Edited by Aquabear

6 minutes ago, Aquabear said:

I guess it's moving along, right now it changed to "Pending Decision Approval"...... 

I want to also post a positive, not sure if I ever mentioned it but I was also just approved to the "World Trade Center 9/11 Health Program" as a "first responder" so I can get help for my lungs and stuff through them thou I was there in the Navy so I can health help from the VA too but I think I might get faster n better care using 9/11 program.

EODCMC I hope your status changes soon.

I believe mine is an exception to the norm. There are 2 claims and presumably they are waiting to make two decisions simultaneously. It is my belief that, typically, once a claim leaves the Gathering of Evidence step, things move along quite briskly. Before I get the barrage of cautions and exceptions, this is only my experience.

ok and now it's 8:46pm and the same day earlier today it was "Pending Decision Approval" and NOW it has "Preparation for Notification"..... ok does it happen that way, is Ebenefits messing with me? I am happy to see it moving along but it is increasing my anxiety wow, I usually don't take my anxiety meds daily but the last few days yes, even with doing deep breathing, meditiation, gym/physical therapy etc.....

I know one thing for sure, other than immediate family(sister, mom, dad) and super close friends(like 2), I won't tell anyone, I have found out that not everyone will be happy for you if you succeed. Jealousy, your not entitled, glass half empty people etc... will judge you on this. Everyone on here, take note of what I am saying because and keep things like this close to the hip, some people will talk behind your back and it's sad but they will so be careful.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mine never made it that far on eBenefits.  Just suddenly got a decision and then a few days later it was registered on eBenefits.