Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

There is also a new process called DRC decision ready claims that takes 30 days but is still limited to what you can file using DRC. Hopefully soon it will expand to such claims as IU which I am filing for and wish I could do so using DRC.

mmwr_claims_online.png

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Good information!

I think most of the types of claims allowed via DRC are the kind where evidence review could be partially automated or require very little work on behalf of the raters.

Good luck on your IU request!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Thank you for posting this.  However, Im a little suspicious (not of you, but of VA, where you apparently got these numbers).  

You posted, 

DRC decision ready claims that takes 30 days 

Cmon.  A decision in 30 days at VA?  

It takes VA employees 30 days to decide which water cooler to use for their breaks.   

Even worse:  By re(labeling) a claim "DRC" they say they can get it done in 30 days?  Ok, so why arent the rest of the claims done in 30 days????  What is so special about a "DRC" label??  

I think this is from the RAMP program and stands for "Decision REady claim", which reminds me of the "FDC"  (Fully developed claim).  Apparently, VA means this to say that there is no "new evidence" that VA already has it all, so the claim is "fully developed" (FDC) and is Ready for a decision (DRC). 

As Colonel Potter from MASH would say it, "Horse Puckey". 

If VA can not get a claim done in 120 days, how will they get it done in 30? I might have beleived them if they said they would lower the initial claim process time from 180 days, to 150 days through efficiencies.  

But VA is a behemouth and moves very slowly and moves especially slow when it comes to Vets claims.  They seem to manage to get Va employees paychecks done in 2 weeks, but Vets usually have to appeal, and it takes 5 years for the average Vet to get serious benefits.  

I agree totally. I just wanted to get the info out as It will in the end bite the VA in the ass hopefully. Just another attempt to try and put them in a bright light as they are helping vets as much as possible. LOL