VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do IME/IMOs work?

Rate this question

glashutte

Question

I have done research and found sources such as Dr. Bash, Valor4vet, and other doctors to help veterans with IME/IMOs and DBQs. However do we veterans have to visit them in person? Or do we submit all of our medical records and xrays and tests and they diagnose virtually?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

On 3/18/2018 at 10:40 AM, glashutte said:

This clears things up a lot, thank you. 

Do I need an IME or IMO for a condition that has already been diagnosed during service?

These were all diagnosed during service, but how does the VA know how to rate them? 

Do I have a civilian doctor fill out a DBQ? Or does the doctor at my C&P exam rate these? I'm lost at this point on what to do from here. 

1. Flat feet both feet

2. Shin splints both legs

3. GERD

4. Hemorrhoids

5. Joint pain in both knees

5. Lower back pain

The DBQ will indicate current conditions, and allow the MD to give raters enough info to properly rate the condition. Some things, like your pain in the back and knees, may need xray or MRI evidence as well for diagnosis which the MD doing the DBQ should request. If the condition was diagnosed in service, and you are w/in 1 year of discharge, then you dont need a medical opinion for service connection because then it is assumed. Your Civilian Dr can fill out the DBQ, as well as his NP if he uses them (Nurse Practitioner).

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use