VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraines , Botox and rating

Rate this question

misterdj13

Question

I have a pending increase for migraines. I am now 30%. I have been getting Botox Injections, Nerve blocks for the last 10 years to limit my migraines. Has anyone had Botox etc and then gone for an increase? I am just afraid that they will only see the decline in frequency of the migraines due to injections and not raise it....  Thanks!!!!   

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The ratings for migraines to 50% requires frequent prostrating attacks causing financial difficulties or something like that.......I have been rated at 50% for migraines for a long time.  If you haven't had an increase in frequency and have had a decline with the injections, etc. they may reduce your ratings.  If your migraines are responding to medications that well (mine never have sadly) don't be surprised if they reduce your rating to 10%.

It's worth mentioning to the evaluators that you've been getting Botox and nerve blocks for the last 10 years as part of your treatment plan. They need to take into account all the different ways you've been managing your migraines, so they can make an informed decision. Also, have you checked out onsitemedspa.com? They have some great resources on migraine management, including non-invasive treatments like acupuncture and massage therapy. Might be worth exploring if you're looking for additional options. Best of luck with everything!

Edited by LucaMartines