Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

TDIU Claim 21-4192 Questions

Rate this question



Simple question, or so I think.

The Army was my last employer and that was in 2010. I was medically discharged and my last unit was a Warrior Transitional Unit at Fort Campbell.

So what would be the best method of addressing the VA Form 21-4192.

Box 1. Employer:

                I was deployed for 6 months with an engineering company for 3 months prior to deployment, I got injured and sent to Walter Reed for 5 months and to Fort Campbell's Warrior Transitional Unit for another 8 Months

Box 7 and 8. Employment date:

          Do I put the day I entered the Army or when I was last assigned to my engineering unit or when I was received to the Fort Campbell WTU?


          I was deployed for 6 months with an engineering company for 8 months, got injured and sent to Walter Reed for 5 months and to Fort Campbell's Warrior Transitional Unit for another 8 Months


Royal (Army Veteran of 10 years)

Please let me know if there are other questions I should be asking!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Moderator

To get tdiu, you have to have a doctors statement that you are "unable to work due to service connected conditions."    If one or more of your doctors has made this statement, that should suffice.  

As far as filing out the form, just do so honestly.  Tell VA the number of months out of the last 12 where you were unable to work due to SC conditions.  If you were getting paid by the military then you were "working" even if you were laid up in the hospital for the military. 

You wont be getting paid for TDIU for any period that you were paid by the military.  These are mutually exclusive of each other.  TDIU isnt "unemployment benefits".  To apply for unemployment, you need to apply with your state employment.  

     As far as the date to write on the form, put the last date you were discharged from the military and no longer earning an income, if that was the last time you worked.  If you went back into the military, then the military accepted you and you were "not" tdiu.  The military does not put TDIU vets into the service.  

Edited by broncovet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • HadIt.com Elder

I agree with broncovet

also it would help your chances getting the IU if you have been in VA  VOC-REHAB.

And if they can't find you any type of employment to do sedentary work including (Wal-Mart door greeter)

Your voc-rehab counselor can write you a letter letting them know your not feasisble to retain at this time due to your S.C. Condition/Disability.

This help tremendously getting IU.

They say age and education don't factor into IU   but I kinda disagree with that.

If your in your 30's and have a good education  in my opinion it makes it harder to get the IU.

Of course not having any arms or legs totally blind and deaf of course you can't work at that point.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use