Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

aid and attendance

Rate this question

andrewdc

Question

I was 100% P&T with 2 additional disabilities each rated at 30%. I was recently awarded 20% for diabetes and 4 other disabilities each rated at 10% so now receiving smc s. My neurologist and psychiatrist both completed and signed my a&a form independently. I submiited the forms on line. How long does it take to process the a&a form? 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It is hard to even guess-

"I was 100% P&T with 2 additional disabilities each rated at 30%. I was recently awarded 20% for diabetes and 4 other disabilities each rated at 10% so now receiving smc s"

I dont get the " now" part-maybe VA had combined the two 30%s into a 50%?

Did they ever consider you for SMC S before?

I am thinking of Bradley V Peake:

https://www.knowva.ebenefits.va.gov/system/templates/selfservice/va_ssnew/help/customer/locale/en-US/portal/554400000001018/content/554400000014811/Bradley-v.-Peake,-Nov-26,-2008,-22-Vet.App.-280

Others will chime in too---

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

I can see how they rated the SMC-S but for A&A I do think it depends on the severity of the disability and not the % the veteran has   You made the 100% P&T plus the 60% requirement for the SMC S. That is a Statutory rating. and they are required to give it to the veteran without the veteran having to request it.

(they did it that way for me anyways)

Now they look at the severity of ''ALL'' the  S.C.conditions you have to be able to rate the A&A under the VA's Stiff Criteria or SMC Special rating table.

How long does it take them to process it? thats a  million dollar question?... I'd take a wild guess and say with in 2 or 3 months or sooner. and you should be paid back to the date the award was given..so if it takes them 3 months then you should get 3 month back pay as your retro amount.  so be sure and check these dates.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!