Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

You can file, but I recommend you file for an increase in your current conditions, instead.  

You see, you could be diagnosed with depression, PTSD, bipolar, MST, etc., but the VA pays you for "one" set of symptoms and no more.  Generally if you have multiple mental health disorders, you are compensated for the worst one only.  The others are pyramiding and dont count.  

I think the criteria for 70 anxiety fits me exactly, don't know I would qualify for the 100. Thanks though. My lower back ddd has made me depressed, weight gain etc.  I was recently placed on Lisinopril for hypertension, a couple of 150/100 readings. Not too high, but high enough to be placed on meds.  I read I can file for this, but don't have a nexus letter. They diagnosed me with sleep apnea a few months ago and gave me a cpap. Haven't read too many success stories about sleep apnea claims. I'm 90 sc overall, but I don't think my anxiety and ddd are going to improve anytime soon. I appreciate your input. 

If you have anxiety it will not raise your percentage to have depression added, I am rated for both at 70%.  Getting 100% for mental disorders is tough. One thing that you might and should consider is filing for IU since you are already at 90%.