VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blue Water Navy HR 299 set for vote on Monday

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Please call or email your Congressman/woman to support this bill-the Blue Water AO issue has gone on too long- this bill can help resolve it.

You can find your Congressperson in this list and their contact info is there as well.

www.house.gov/representatives

I not only asked my Congressman to support HR 299 on Monday, I asked him to direct any constituent of his with a VA claims problem to our site.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Not a question but to go further . In your support for passing of the Blue Water issue you might want to reference the lack of movement on any new AO  presumptives 

Good point- I have been holding back a letter on the potential new presumptives because we have only had an interim Secretary ( O'Rourke)and it sounds like Wilkie is the actual pick-

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/robert-wilkie-va-secretary_us_5afef7a8e4b0a046186b2a0a

I dont know if he needs a confirmation hearing or how long that will take-

I have a good medical argument as to why any vet with AO IHD (under Nehmer) should also be presumptive if they have had an ischemic stroke as well.

As far as HBP becoming presumptive, that would surprise me- then again I never thought IHD would go on the AO list.

It would be great if veterans would take the time to write to the new Secretary ,a soon as he is formally sworn in- if they feel their disability should be on the AO presumptive list.

The bill ( HR 299) Passed in the House.

Thanks to any of you who took the time to contact your Congressman/woman on this issue - next to the Senate- I will be asking that you contact your state Senators so that it can pass there and go on to becoming law.

Update from Sue Belanger- Blue WaterNavy AO advocate:

( even if you dont have  Dog in the fight-please support our nation's Blue Water Veterans who believed they were exposed to AO during the Vietnam War, and their ship, vessel, etc is not on the VA's AO ships list))

"Ok everyone.  HR 299 passed the House of Representatives .  I was in D.C. when the bill was dropped and it passed 382-0.  We need each of you to contact your senators to ask that they vote YES to pass HR 299 .  It then will go to the President's desk to be signed.  We are at the end of a long journey.  Let's do this !!!
Susie Belanger
If you received more than one email, I apologize, some of you are in my address book entered  in other lists."