Announcements

• veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• VA Watchdog

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sign in to follow this  
tylerb333

Is this a reversable mistake

Question

If a c and p examiner checked the box stating it was an in-person exam, and it was not.  Is this good enough for appeal for remand or reversal?

2 answers to this question

No.  Errors in your medical records can be corrected.  Once corrected, you can use the corrected records as "new and material evidence" if applicable.  

Here is the regulation to  correct your records:

1.579 Amendment of records.

(a) Any individual may request amendment of any Department of Veterans Affairs record pertaining to him or her. Not later than 10 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) after the date or receipt of such request, the Department of Veterans Affairs will acknowledge in writing such receipt. The Department of Veterans Affairs will complete the review to amend or correct a record as soon as reasonably possible, normally within 30 days from the receipt of the request (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) unless unusual circumstances preclude completing action within that time. The Department of Veterans Affairs will promptly either:

(1) Correct any part thereof which the individual believes is not accurate, relevant, timely or complete; or

(2) Inform the individual of the Department of Veterans Affairs refusal to amend the record in accordance with his or her request, the reason for the refusal, the procedures by which theindividual may request a review of that refusal by the Secretary or designee, and the name and address of such official.

(Authority: 5 U.S.C. 552a(d)(2))

(b) The administration or staff office having jurisdiction over the records involved will establish procedures for reviewing a request from an individual concerning the amendment of anyrecord or information pertaining to the individual, for making a determination on the request, for an appeal within the Department of Veterans Affairs of an initial adverse Department of Veterans Affairs determination, and for whatever additional means may be necessary for each individual to be able to exercise fully, his or her right under 5 U.S.C. 552a.

(1) Headquarters officials designated as responsible for the amendment of records or information located in Central Office and under their jurisdiction include, but are not limited to:Secretary; Deputy Secretary, as well as other appropriate individuals responsible for the conduct of business within the various Department of Veterans Affairs administrations and staff offices. These officials will determine and advise the requester of the identifying information required to relate the request to the appropriate record, evaluate and grant or deny requeststo amend, review initial adverse determinations upon request, and assist requesters desiring to amend or appeal initial adverse determinations or learn further of the provisions for judicial review.

(2) The following field officials are designated as responsible for the amendment of records or information located in facilities under their jurisdiction, as appropriate: The Director of each Center, Domiciliary, Medical Center, Outpatient Clinic, Regional Office, Supply Depot, and Regional Counsels. These officials will function in the same manner at field facilities as that specified in the preceding subparagraph for headquarters officials in Central Office.

(Authority: 5 U.S.C. 552a(f)(4))

(c) Any individual who disagrees with the Department of Veterans Affairs refusal to amend his or her record may request a review of such refusal. The Department of Veterans Affairs will complete such review not later than 30 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and legal public holidays) from the date on which the individual request such review and make a final determination unless, for good cause shown, the Secretary extends such 30-day period. If, after review, the Secretary or designee also refuses to amend the record in accordance with therequest the individual will be advised of the right to file with the Department of Veterans Affairs a concise statement setting forth the reasons for his or her disagreement with the Department of Veterans Affairs refusal and also advise of the provisions for judicial review of the reviewing official's determination. ( 5 U.S.C. 552a(g)(1)(A))

(d) In any disclosure, containing information about which the individual has filed a statement of disagreement, occurring after the filing of the statement under paragraph (c) of this section, the Department of Veterans Affairs will clearly note any part of the record which is disputed and provide copies of the statement (and, if the Department of Veterans Affairs deems it appropriate, copies of a concise statement of the Department of Veterans Affairs reasons for not making the amendments requested) to persons or other agencies to whom the disputedrecord has been disclosed. ( 5 U.S.C. 552a(d)(4)) ( 38 U.S.C. 501)

you are entitled to an accurate exam, you could request a new exam due to the one you had being in error. I myself had 3 exams, over one scar, due to " errors"....  lies, malicious deception, fabricated negative evidence, ect. I read all CP exams  results in a detailed, forensic manner.     theres more merit put on an  in person exam than a remote exam.  be suspiscious abt everything they do.  if its not correct, insist they correct it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By LegacyArmy
      I need some help with my effective date, I applied for Migraine increase on Feb 19, 2019. VA denied it. Recently looked in c-file and the C& P exam results were favorable, it was done at a VA facility by VA doctor neurologist. In the decision letter dated Jun 20, 2019, rater never gave a reason on why the exam results were disregarded. I got an independent medical opinion and filed a supplemental claim on April 10, 2020. Another C&P exam was conducted on june 24, 2020. Va approved the claim and gave an effective date of jun 24, 2020.
      I believe that I can claim CUE here as the effective date should have been Feb 19 2019 since the claim was continuously pursued and rater never gave a proper explanation of why VA doctor's opinion was disregarded and if it was rated properly, I would have got 100% on May 16, 2019 when I was rated for cervical strain. and my 100% effective4 date would have been May 16, 2019 instead of Jun 24, 2020.
      Do you think I have a case here? Any help is appreciated and I can send you all the decision letters if you need to look at them.
    • By Gail
      How do I submit a CUE claim. What form do I use
    • By Vync
      Today, I received a call from a VA Insurance Center supervisor regarding a HLR/CUE I submitted earlier this year. Despite one of their departmental attorneys discussing it with me in May for more than two hours over the phone, I never received a decision letter. They could see where the my documentation was received, but for "unknown reasons" a task was never generated to work it. We briefly discussed the details.
      They said they were familiar with CUE, but said it applies to compensation claims, not life insurance decisions. They said there was no requirement for them to fill out the long-form decision letter that responds in detail to each of the points I raised in my submission. I explained I needed that in order to properly formulate an appeal to the BVA.
      I even found a BVA decision regarding S-DVI which mentioned CUE, so it must apply there too: https://www.va.gov/vetapp04/files2/0414424.txt

• By Jamezam
      I've decided to take a crack at creating a CUE and Benefit of the Doubt failure for a claim that was originally denied in 1988, but finally approved in 2014. And, I currently have a pending NOD on the effective date of said claim.
      I would be so grateful if anyone could view my CUE and original claim denial. My question is this, am I on the right track with my CUE? I have been developing my CUE using language based on an actual citation by the BVA awarding a CUE to a veteran for the same condition and circumstances in which mine was denied and quoting Title 38. It's so easy to get confused with all of the information out there.
      So any advice will be greatly appreciated. I have uploaded my CUE in development phase and original claim denial.

• By Bedells
      I am currently rated at 50% for major depression with anxiety.  When I submitted my claim I included strong DBQ from my VA Psychiatrist, a notarized Sworn Statement from my wife and a statement from my last employer from 3 years ago.  I attended my C&P exam a week ago and was actually not having the best day. First question from the examiner was, "Have you had any suicidal thoughts in the last several days" but before I had a chance to answer her she warned me that if i say yes she would have to stop the interview and have me admitted to the hospital. Next question was, "Are you able to handle your financial affairs"? and again before i could answer, no i cannot", she said if the answer was no I would be assigned a financial counselor immediately. I answered her with a no and followed up by telling her that my wife handled our financial affairs and has for several years and she told me since I could not handle them they would still have to set me up with someone to help me. So at this point I felt as if I was being bribed to answer the questions in a way that would hurt my case. I have suicidal thoughts from time to time and ideations but have never had to plan do follow through with it which all this is in my file. This 10 minute C&P exam  made me feel as if like i was on a game show where you have 5 seconds to answer questions. Her last question was is there anything else I need to know? Which I had a few things that I wrote down on paper a couple of days before to help me remember. I told her that i felt like the police were out to get me and felt as if they were following me every time i left the house and she immediately said is that all. I sat there stunned and could not remember anything else. I felt under immense pressure to answer quickly.  With all this being said i have documented issues with concentration, short term memory which really made the whole thing even more difficult than it had to be. Anyone gone through this lately?
  • Ads

• Our picks

• I told reviewer that I had a bad C&P, and that all I wanted was a fair shake, and she even said, that was what she was all ready viewed for herself. The first C&P don't even  reflect my Treatment in the VA PTSD clinic. In my new C&P I was only asked about symptoms, seeing shit, rituals, nightmares, paying bills and about childhood, but didn't ask about details of it. Just about twenty question, and  nothing about stressor,
    • This is the latest Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide dated 20180719. The only other one I've seen is dated 2002, including the one on this website and the VA website. I got this from my claims agent, who got it from the VA.

VA Compensation & Pension (C&P) Clinicians Guide 2 Final Corrected 20180719.pdf
      • 5 replies
    • I don’t say thank you enough to all of you...
      You, yes you, are the reason HadIt.com has remained a resource-rich resource. Thousands come each month to read, ask questions, or to feel a sense of community.

Last month June 2020, we over 50k visitors they viewed over 160k pages. Veterans and their advocates, spouses, children, and friends of veterans come looking for answers. Because we have posts dating back 15 years and articles on the home page, they usually can find an answer or at least get pointed in the right direction.

You all made that possible. Thank you.
      • 3 replies
    • Help HadIt.com stay online buy a subscription
      If you can afford it and want to help hadit.com consider buying a subscription this gives you as free viewing of the site and allows me to budget in subscription payments.

You can try it for 1 month for $5 or get a monthly subscription or a yearly subscription.

Subscribe here https://community.hadit.com/subscriptions/
      • 4 replies
    • VA has a special where we can ask questions TODAY, at 3:00 to "people that matter?"  Someone should ask why we can not ask them questions EVERY day, why today only? (This is a big problem with VA..the 800 number often does not give specific answers).  We should have people in VA who "solve Vets problems" like Allison Hickey did a few years ago. 
      • 8 replies
  • Ads

• Popular Contributors

• Ad

• Latest News

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines