VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File Copy Question

Rate this question

JeanBean217

Question

I have a couple more questions I hope someone can help me with.  This post concerns C-file copies.  I'll make other posts on the other questions.

1.  I obtained a copy of my C-file after my initial award of 60% disability.  Is it possible to obtain copies of the appeals and changes since that initial award, without having to request the entire C-file?

2.  Since I have never had a copy of this part of the file, will I be charged money for the copies of the new pages?

Thanks in advance.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Yes and Yes- "Peggy ", the VA 800#( 1-800-827-1000), should be able to tell you how much they will charge per page.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms berta

Are you sure they charge for the updated C-FILE? Being All Veterans C-FILES are copied to the Electronic Format to C.D (compact Disk)now days  and the paper is destroyed.  If they charge for the C.D. it probably is not very much maybe 8 -10 bucks?.

I know my first C.D. C-File was Free in 2014...but if I requested an updated C-File Today  not sure how much they charge for it.?

There must be over 100 pages for the cop to the C.D...  Most Veterans C-File has that many pages or More.

• HadIt.com Elder

If this was done by the VAMCs?

It maybe possible to request the medical records from the  VA Hospital that did the surgery  or any type of medical procedure  you would need to request the medical records to the back date the procedures/surgeries were performed  from the correct VAMC

at  the  ROMR  Release of Medical Records desk at the Hospital or from the VAMC Medical Records Manager. .You would be required to sign the FOIA Form.  even though they are your Records.

Thanks, Berta & Buck.  The only records I'm looking for from the VA are the appeals, C&P exams and award letters that happened after my initial rating in 2012.  As far as any medical proceedures and records, I've had all my care through civilian doctors, with Tricare, since retirement, so I can request those directly from the doctors offices / hospitals.  I never recieved my award letters since 2012.  I think they had the wrong mailing address or something.

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay

Then you really need your updated C-File  and it should be sent to you on C.D. 

And the first one is Free.

Just remember sometime  all records are not in our C-FILE from past claims and its usually the ones we need..but some times Veterans can get lucky and have every record there ever was recorded.

if there no records of what you need then you must do a lot of research to find them.

If you share your private medical records with the VA Then that kinda gives you a second chance of finding what you need.

Edited by Buck52