Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Depression

Rate this topic

Depression is a odd thing, If you are really depressed or deeply depressed you cant do a dam thing. Supposedly to see a Psych Doc you have to wait for several months? Every Doc I see says I need antidepression drugs, the Last one was a Hepatoligist at the Local University Hospital! I asked him If he could go to my VA doc to get the Script there as it wont cost me more than copay? Va doc says I should not take this med because it can cause problems with sleep and I already have that problem! The Local psycholigist for the Transplant Team Psych chewed me out because the "jerk" I saw at the VA was incompetent and only wanted me to quit smoking! I dont smoke at all? The More I deal with the VA the worser I get. :unsure: And they call me nutz? :rolleyes: (true story)

Arch Sgt. USAF

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually most of the Docs are so overloaded I am surprised when they do anything right.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

So true, Pete. I know my VA shrink is a very decent guy but he must see one patient every twenty minutes all day long. I only get to see him once every 3-4 months. It is a joke. We just chat about BS for a few minutes and he tells me a few jokes and that is it. I just go to keep up the continuity of treatment.

• HadIt.com Elder

I quit going to VA Mental Health over 8 years ago. It seemed like at the time as long as I could get my Doc to continue my Rx for Xanax and Prozac I was much better off than the flusteration of dealing with clueless 20 year olds who had never suffered a day in their lives.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I quit going to VA Mental Health over 8 years ago. It seemed like at the time as long as I could get my Doc to continue my Rx for Xanax and Prozac I was much better off than the flusteration of dealing with clueless 20 year olds who had never suffered a day in their lives.

You must keep seeing your doctors. The VA's rationale is: If you are ill you will be seeing a doctor. Therefore records are developed to support your claim.

MMC(SS)DV USS SHANGRILA CV-38, DSDS Class 67-02 WNY DC, AMSU Little Creek, SEALAB, MK-II DEEP DIVE SYS, ELK RIVER IX-501, NEC 5342/5311.

"Message to ND's: Where ever you are going, I've been there.

"If you are planning for retirement, you are not planning far enough.