Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Second PSY exam for IU?

Rate this question

CaptainJack

Question

Hello everyone,

Back in March I went through two C&P exams for my requested increase in ratings.

The PTSD exam came back with a 70% rating(up from 30%), neck 20% and back 10% for an overall of 80%.

Because I had to quit my job at the end of February due to mental health issues, I filed for TDIU. Tomorrow I have another psy exam to attend in reference to the IU claim and I was curious if this is normal?

And how worried should I be about not only a denial of IU but a new psy doctor reducing my 70% ptsd rating?

Thanks for any thoughts or insights,

Jack

12 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

I don't have a treating psychiatrist. At our local VA hospital, I only ever had appointments with an PA. Not sure they even have one

on staff at our hospital. She always thought drugs were the answer. I'll look into it.

12 minutes ago, CaptainJack said:

I don't have a treating psychiatrist. At our local VA hospital, I only ever had appointments with an PA. Not sure they even have one

on staff at our hospital. She always thought drugs were the answer. I'll look into it.

A VA PA's medical opinion would be a good second choice.  Especially, if he/she is prescribing MH medications. Mine is a VA Psychiatrist and had prescribed my medications for five years.  Before, I finally asked him for my medical opinion.  He has now been treating me over the last 8 years.  I use to visit him quarterly and now biannually.  I couldn't have asked for a better VA doctor.  Nobody can stop a favorable decision if your VA prescribing doctor annotates unemployability into your VA medical records.  Plus, once that statement is entered into your VA medical files.  Simply, use myhealtyvet to access your records and print a hard copy of that statement for your records.  The myhealthyvet blue button lets you review your records for accuracy 24/7.  Trust me you'll always need to review your VA medical records for accuracy.  I speak from personal experience.  Don't wait until later.  Start this path like yesterday and Good Luck, Chief!

Went to the exam last Tue, and all went well. Two hour exam which included five pages of "circle the number which best describes..." forms. He told me he didn't have the latest findings from April(where I was rated 70% for PTSD), but made a note to himself to find and review. He told me he is going to recommend an increase to the IU board, so, time will tell.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments.

Jack