VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service connection for depression from whistleblowing/false criminal charges for a reservist?

Rate this question

whyohwhy

Question

Hi all,

I'm hoping to find some information out there about getting disability for depression/anxiety as a reservist. In short, I made some complaints about my higher headquarters not following the regs and not paying people all our entitlements. For my trouble I had some false fraud charges brought against me. CID came back with "no probable cause" and it's currently being investigated as a whistle blower retaliation (I'm sure the army will try to find excuses). I was on active duty for training for 3 months when CID first picked me up for questioning. I am also being retaliated against as none of my paperwork is being processed without having to go to IG every time. I've been waiting for 7 months for INCAP pay from an unrelated in-LOD shoulder injury. I've developed depression and anxiety since. I can't focus on anything else.

How can I make this service-related? Any examples of reservists or paperwork? Thanks.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

My son was a reservist and he cant even get a VA loan.  Apparently, he was not on active duty long enough.    I would like to know how this comes out.  Keep us informed.  

To your question, "how can I make this service related", my answer is always the same, except you have to meet the additional "time is service" requirements, for reserves, below:

1.  You need a current diagnosis.

2.  You need an in service event or aggravation.

3.  You need a doctors opinion that your current diagnosis is at least as likely as not due to an in service event.  

Of course, you need all this documented.  Every Service connected Veteran here met these 3 Caluza elements, AND, was persistent enough to fight VA for their benefits anyway.  

You have to meet all the Caluza elements, plus persistence, plus have the applicable time in service.  

https://www.benefits.va.gov/BENEFITS/benefits-summary/SummaryofVANationalGuardandReserve.pdf

Sorry to hear of your issues, and great advice given above. Also you have to go into more detail. What is the Military claiming you did or didnt do? What are you claiming that they did to you? The more info you can give us the more accurately we can try to help you. The rules for Active and Reservist apply different in some situations. Good luck and God Bless