VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA RAMP Form 21-4138 Auto Forwarded to Janesville WI

Rate this question

paulstrgn

Question

I just filed my first appeal with the VA via RAMP. I faxed in the form and then mailed in the form with all my supporting evidence. I used the address on the form for the BVA, which is:

BOARD OF VETERANS' APPEALS
P.O. BOX 27063
WASHINGTON DC 20038
FAX: 202-495-6803

I sent it via USPS Priority Mail (paid $6.70), last Thursday 10/4/2018 knowing it would be there by Saturday 10/6/2018 (I live approximately 2 1/2 hours south of DC). I am the type who likes to watch the progress of packages I send, I noticed on Tuesday it still showed to be at the post office in DC. I called the post office and after being on hold for an hour they said they would open a case on the package. I just got called from the post office and was told that the address above has an automatic forwarding address to Janesville, WI. So to make a long story short don't be surprised when you send in your appeal via RAMP and it is forwarded.

I hope this helps anyone who mails in an appeal. I am also including a copy of the form for those who may need it.

RAMP - Secondary Decision Package.pdf

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am new to this group...however I have read these forums for a few years and find these reassuring and informative, so I finally joined. My question is I have filed a NOD in 2014 on a couple issues, I since was invited to the ramp program and decided on the HLR Lane. I originally filed for Ramp on March 23, 2018 and of course the va lost my paperwork for almost 3 months before opting me in ramp on June 26, 2018...faxed paperwork that was shuffled under who knows what...might I say bull crap! Like we don’t wait long enough! Anyways, I mean I have waited for this decision like most veterans for years and since my original claim in 2012. Waited almost a year before deciding yeah....I really do deserve more and I don’t agree with their decision! Since my new appeal in Ramp I was sent to a C&P exam in the HLR lane and was wondering if that is a normal process since I believed no other new evidence could be used? Another quick question...I am 90% connected/IU but of that rating 10% for each leg for radiculopathy...since the new c&P/emg exam turns out it’s common neurapathy from injuries occurred in service and not radiculopathy from my back injury. My questions are...how do they  correct this new diagnostic/secondary connection to possibly direct service connection? The c&p examiner did request service connection for the new diagnosis. Sorry for the rambling but new to forums in general and trying to make since at the same time. Lol 

Angie35

Please ask your question in a new post, not in someone elses as it is confusing.  Since you are new, I will permit it this one time only.  

No, its not normal to get a c and p exam in HLR, this normally means you have all your evidence submitted, thus you would not need a c an p exam.  

I dont recommend you worry yourself if its secondary, primary, presumptive, etc.  SC is SC and there is no need to change from one (primary to secondary, for example) to another.  

Simply apply for the "new diagnosis".  However, remember pyramiding prevents you from being compensated twice for the same symptoms, so you would need additonal symptoms to get any increased compensation.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use