Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Re-evaluation at 5 years

Rate this question

OND2011

Question

In 2011 when I retired I was diagnosed through the VA C&P clinic for Anxiety disorder.  I have been receiving benefits for almost 5 years.  I received a letter in the mail that a re-evaluation was required.  I go into my appointment and the psychologist started asking me questions and insisted that I have PTSD instead of Anxiety disorder that was previously diagnosed with in 2011.  If for some reason they give me a higher percentage rate for PTSD will the VA be required to back pay me for a misdiagnosis and wrong percentage? 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok then the PTSD Dx will be from the date of the C&P and not 5 years back.

They will adjust the Disorder from A.D. ( Anxiety Disorder) to PTSD and make the necessary Pay adjustments  from the C&P Date of the Dx.

Depending on your symptoms on the PTSD RATING CHART?

as to the % you will be rated.?.....so if you only have a 10% /30%rate from your symptoms  you could be getting a reduction..if you were 50% for Anxiety Disorder?

• HadIt.com Elder

No in my opinion they won't go back  to 2011 Or the 5 years you been receiving this benefit and change the Anxiety Disorder Dx to PTSD??

if the C&P Examiner Dx you with PTSD the diagnose for that would be the date of the C&P  Although the VA Requires a PTSD Dx from the VA Dr's  so if this is a contracted out C&P you actually will need a Dx for PTSD from the VA or be denied.

in any case say you do get a Proper Dx from VA For PTSD..The date of the Diagnose for the PTSD will be your EED. 

Edited by Buck52

6 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

No in my opinion they won't go back  to 2011 Or the 5 years you been receiving this benefit and change the Anxiety Disorder Dx to PTSD??

if the C&P Examiner Dx you with PTSD the diagnose for that would be the date of the C&P  Although the VA Requires a PTSD Dx from the VA Dr's  so if this is a contracted out C&P you actually will need a Dx for PTSD from the VA or be denied.

in any case say you do get a Proper Dx from VA For PTSD..The date of the Diagnose for the PTSD will be your EED. 

Both diagnosis were done by a C&P doctor inside the VA hospital.  Initially as Anxiety (2011) and now as PTSD as of yesterday.  

Edited by OND2011

• HadIt.com Elder

You should have  disagree with the decision in 2011  for the Anxiety Disorder..you more than likey had PTSD Back then.

and checked with your VAMH Clinic for a PTSD Evaluation.