Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can they ?

Rate this question

severomen

Question

Good afternoon, from Bremen Ger.

On October 18 2018 ebenefits I noticed VA finally rated me as an 80% for service connected injuries. With a long list of, "Pending." And they are still pending my Unemployability request. They requested it since I haven't worked since the 24 January this year. Going on 10 months now.

Then today I got an email that they want to schedual a second C&P Exam. My question is could they take back the 80% and lower it. I haven't received any documentation in the mail just yet.  And they already changed the Retirement voucher on the DFAC site. Which gave me a good feeling. So it could be that they'll increase it ha. And what are my chances of getting Retro pay since it's been 10 months that I started my claim.

Thank you very much and highly appreciate your formum.Please keep up the all the work you guys are investing in us, The Vets.

Severino Mendez

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
On 10/27/2018 at 8:51 AM, severomen said:

Good afternoon, from Bremen Ger.

On October 18 2018 ebenefits I noticed VA finally rated me as an 80% for service connected injuries. With a long list of, "Pending." And they are still pending my Unemployability request. They requested it since I haven't worked since the 24 January this year. Going on 10 months now.

Then today I got an email that they want to schedual a second C&P Exam. My question is could they take back the 80% and lower it. I haven't received any documentation in the mail just yet.  And they already changed the Retirement voucher on the DFAC site. Which gave me a good feeling. So it could be that they'll increase it ha. And what are my chances of getting Retro pay since it's been 10 months that I started my claim.

Thank you very much and highly appreciate your formum.Please keep up the all the work you guys are investing in us, The Vets.

Severino Mendez

You need to get your hands on your C&P Report  read what the examiner wrote up about your disability?

then you can determined what you should be rated  if you shown an improvement then yes you might be reduce...if your disability is about the same  then you usually get to keep what you got, if you shown your disability has got worse  then you deserve an increase, if you get increase  they should go back the 10 months or the date you first filed for the increase and pay the adjustment back to the 10 months.

when you get your decision and you disagree with the rating  you can send in a NOD FORM 21-0958 WITHIN ONE YEAR AND TELL THEN WHY YOU DISAGREE AND SEND IN YOUR EVIDENCE TO BACK UP WHAT YOU SAY (MEDICAL EVIDENCE FOR YOUR INCREASE)

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

How to get this C&P Report?

depends on who did the C&P?

iF VA did it  you can wait 3 business days and go to your RELEASE OF MEDICAL RECORDS OFFICE AND SIGN A FOIA Form,  tell the clerk you need your medical records back dated before the C&P  if your C&P WAS ON 10/1/18  THEN YOU NEED YOUR RECORDS TO BE 9/31/18 FORWARD.

If your C&P WAS CONTRACTED OUTSIDE THE VA ..THEN  YOU NEED TO WAIT AT LEAST 2 WEEKS AND CONTACT THE VBA(Veterans Benefits Administration) sign a FOIA (Freedom of Information Act form) on it request your C&P EXAM REPORT THAT WAS PERFORMED ON Date /**/*/****?

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!