VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Win, with some still in the works

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I won my BVA a few months back and was granted SMC-l for aid and attendance.  I feel things went smoothly, but I guess having a lawyer who knows what they are doing can make that happen.  Life has been tough medically for me the past few years, and this win was just what I needed to lift my spirits.  I’ve struggled with my AS (Ankylosing Spondylitis) becoming super aggressive and really interfering with my quality of life.  My PTSD/Anxiety/depression/OCD has been very bad in the past year as well, and I recently put in an increase for that, so I am still waiting on that development.  My husband and I are contemplating applying for the caregiver program, but I’m not sure I’m ready (emotionally) to admit I would need a program like that.  I’m pretty stubborn and would rather suffer than admit my body is failing me 🤷🏼‍♀️.  Anyway, I love this group and I am so glad to have a community to go to when I need help. 

side Note: my retro came in multiple chunks, like 10 different amounts 😂.  When I went to look at my bank account, it took me a few seconds to figure out what had happened.  

That is interesting about your retro.  We had another member say the same thing.  It is a deviation from the norm.  

Glad to see the your got your AA.  God bless and I hope that things slow down on your AS.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use