Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

received brown envelope from bva

Rate this question

dildayb123

Question

I received my brown envelope from the board of appeals a few days ago. I have had this appeal going since November of 2013. Inside it states that the judge approved my increase from 50 to 70 percent on my service connected disability and also approved my tdiu claim from the same time. My question is what happens now. I have read numerous threads and am getting mixed reviews. I do know it gets sent back to my regional office and such. It shows on ebenefits finally that the appeal is closed but that is it so far nothing else has changed. 

Thanks to You for for Helping her vetquest!

I was very surprised when ALS was added to the disability list. 

I wonder if all of  the vet reps even know that:

https://community.hadit.com/topic/73197-als-claims-from-oig/

In part:

"Military veterans, regardless of the branch of service, the era in which they served, or whether they served during a time of peace or a time of war, are at a greater risk of dying from ALS than if they had not served in the military.  For reasons as yet unknown, veterans are, in fact, twice as likely to be diagnosed with ALS as the general population.

In 2008, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) implemented regulations to establish a presumption of service connection for ALS, thanks to the efforts of The ALS Association, key members of Congress, and advocates.  Under the regulations, the VA presumes that ALS was incurred or aggravated by a veteran’s service in the military.  As a result, veterans with ALS and their families and survivors are eligible for “service connected” benefits.

Anyone who served at least 90 days of continuous active duty in the U.S. military may qualify for VA benefits.  Survivors of veterans may be eligible for benefits, including monthly compensation, regardless of when their loved one was lost to the disease."

Source :VA main site

Ebenefits updated today showing 80% being paid at 100% because being unemployable with total and permanent disability marked. effective back to August of 2014,  Also received the commissary letter. I am getting more and more excited everyday.

Edited by dildayb123

That is Great News!  The P & T designation gives CHAMPVA and DEA to the dependents (depending on how old the kids are-and your property tax office might have some type of a Veteran's RE Tax  exemption program.

You got the BVA award in November and now have this info at ebenefits? WOW that is fast!

I hope the cash comes fast- Many here are waiting on retro!.