VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Malpractice

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I wont be posting here for a while- will read the forums when I can-

This AM I got news that is probative to my case with the Accountability Office-I have sent them much evidence already and I alteady explained here somewhere what that is all about. This is part of the issue-

This article is referred to in the story below:

In part:

Neurosurgeon John Henry Schneider racked up more than a dozen malpractice claims and settlements in two states, including cases alleging he made surgical mistakes that left patients maimed, paralyzed or dead.”

.” The state of Wyoming revoked his medical license after another surgical patient died.

Schneider then applied for a job earlier this year at the Department of Veterans Affairs hospital in Iowa City, Iowa. He was forthright in his application about the license revocation and other malpractice troubles.

But the VA hired him anyway.

He started work in April at a hospital that serves 184,000 veterans in 50 counties in Iowa, Illinois and Missouri.” ( This was a 2017 article)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/12/03/usa-today-investigation-va-knowingly-hires-doctors-past-malpractice-claims-discipline-poor-care/909170001/

This is the recent news article I just got:

In part:

French was one of many veterans who saw John Henry Schneider, a neurosurgeon now serving a federal prison term. He was sued for medical malpractice, and his history of malpractice was revealed in a USA Today investigation. Schneider resigned from the Iowa City VA hospital after being questioned.

French was not made aware of Schneider’s history or resignation, but was called back in February to see a different neurosurgeon.

In March French found out his tumor hadn’t been removed.

Nothing had been done,” he said.” Apparently a Tort claim has been filed.

https://wcfcourier.com/news/local/retired-marine-wants-other-vets-to-learn-from-his-story/article_8b9e791d-d9de-5ae7-a704-dfaa975e5af8.html

I really dont have much time for claims anymore-------I want the VA to save lives, not kill veterans.

I need to make sure they are ging to do something about this issue- because I have another complaint to file- on behalf of all veterans who get lousy C & P exams.

I am giving the VA until Jan 15, 2019 to send me a the actual C & P exam they did for a past claim I had-to add to my stack of lousy C & P exams- all denied those claims, then were awarded when I fought back. The veteran was dead and could not speak for himself when those ridiculous C & P s were done. That is one big way in which the VA can take advantage of survivors.

This  story about Tony Grench, RET USMC, is exactly the same basis of the complaint I have filed with OAWB- VA knowingly hires doctors who have already been charged with malpractice.  OGC helps them get away with that.

Those contracting doctors , who are giving diagnosis and treatment to vets at every VAMC these days, are not liable under 1151 or FTCA.

Since Schneider was "vetted" by VA, andf hired anyhow, with his past bad record m he is a VA "employee ,and that is why he can be sued.

POTUS is getting another letter from me as well-----this crap HAS TO STOP!

Think about it- you all have to Prove your  VA claim is valid -----------------but VA can hire a known Quack ,like Schneider , to give you VA medical "care."

Edited by Berta

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

The opposite seems to be also true.  VA hires unqualified docs, but also fails to hire qualified ones.  

I had a friend from church who was a qualified psychiatrist..with experience..seeking a job at my local VAMC.  

Understand:  My VAMC NEEDS qualified psychiatrists.  FACT:  One Vet wen to the ER at Dayton asking for mental health services.  They responded, OK, what are you doing on July 19??  He indicated he needed care BEFORE july 19, and he was in COMBAT GEAR!  

After VAMC jerked him around, he proceeded to the front of the VA, and blew his brains out!!!

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/vet-who-committed-suicide-fought-depression-ptsd/CyyW8pL2LoxWzhne2H94BN/

It happened again, at the medical center, in St. Louis:  

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/03/28/veteran-kills-himself-in-va-medical-center-waiting-room/

My friend, who was qualified, tried for 4 years to get hired at the VAMC, to no avail.  I guess the VA had other things to spend the money rather than hire qualified doctors.  

The obvious question is why cant VA hire qualifed docs, and hires unqualifed instead??????????

Edited by broncovet

I’m seeing a neurosurgeon tomorrow.  Am I afraid, yes, for many reasons.  The VA hired a physician who was on his way to having his license revoke in another state and the dude ended up being in charge of a major department. This was widely know because I was told this info by a medical professional..

I can’t  get get sent out because it takes months  to find a specalist that accepts VA payment. (They don’t pay on a timely basis). I only paid for Medicare a/b.  

I wish you the best in trying to make the system better.

Ruby

I spoke to the OAWB  Triage man yesterday who is investigating my charges-and added some additional evidence -after  posted this here-

And told him what I stated in my original complaint to the White House hot line-

That some of the best people I know work for the VA, at every level,  I did as a volunteer, and my husband worked at the local VAMC-and many of my friends. The VA Saves lives every day!

BUT- as my evidence shows ( accumulated for MANY years and sent to the H VAC, etc etc with no interest in pursuing it)-the VA also hires incompetent people at every level- and the OGC is responsible for violating the NPDB mandate ( searchable here)-( or responsible via  any regional or district counsel from VA who settles a VA FTCA case)

I also sent the OAWB the actual regulations in the Guidelines VA gives them ( OGC)- (even VA lawyers are bound by VA case law and regulations)

and by violating that mandate, neither state licensing boards nor 

anyone in the general public trying to seek the qualifications of their VA doctor, through online state disciplined doctors web sites, have no idea of how many VA doctors, and any health care professionals in their state have been charged with malpractice, via successful tort claims or 1151 claims.

I explained again to the OAWB how the VA gets away with this-with proof.

Some of my best proof came from email from the BVA ombudsman, which we discussed yesterday.

And I have given an eye witness account as well ,with documented evidence, as the survivor of a veteran whose death was caused by VA.

I also entioned the C & P cmplainty I am filing- and he asked if that had any connection to my original complaint-

I said no that is a separate issue- but after I told him about one of the C & P exams they did, he was shocked- and I realize that those C & P  exams have everything to do with my original complaint.

Not only were the posthumous C & P exams geared to deny my claims, two of which my husband had filed in his lifetime,

they (the C & Ps)also reflected ,as well as his medical records, how inappropriate the VA medical treatment was in my husband's lifetime-and they became part of the VA cover up, involving a second VAMC,

which I proved had occurred and which sure did not succeed.

Again my daughter asked me how far along is the book about Dad and the VA....I have plenty of it written already but it hurts so much and takes a lot of time-she wants me to do this. She is a veteran -like her dad was.

Edited by Berta