Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Status question help needed

Rate this question

Avi8tor66

Question

Good  morning!

I had  a couple items of my original claimed that had been deferred with an estimate complete date in February. I know ebenefits has changed recently, but was told the “disability” tab still worked, sort of a backdoorinto your claim, so I looked at ebennies today and it shows an increase in my disability percentage, (yes!) but the status shows under review.  There was an item that was rated “not service connected”  and one that was, but it was given a (0%] rating.  The other was SC, and rated.

A couple of days ago the status was “ pending decision approval”  and then today I found the updated % rating, but the status now says, “review of evidence”. I don’t want to get my hopes up, and wonder if possibly the item/s that were rated not SC and SC but 0% are possibly being reviewed? Obviously someone has updated my percentage, which is great, I just pray it’s correct! 

I looked under the letters option, and found a letter with the new rating listed. The VA.gov site is not as up to date on the claim status. 

Anyone have any idea what may be going on?  

Thanks for any help in understanding this process.

Edited by Avi8tor66
Wording wrong

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I would guess that if your percentage on E-benefits is updated you have been approved for that disability.  I would still wait for the BBE.  Nothing is complete until you receive your notification.  If you have a decision of not SC and SC at the 0% rate read the decision carefully to decide if a mistake was made and decide the best course of action.  You can file an NOD or appeal to the BVA but you will need to refute the evidence and decision process.