VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Compensation

EarthSurfer

First off thank you all for what you do. This site is such a wealth of knowledge. I have a question on compensation. I have a bad shoulder and its service connected 20%. The VA wants to do surgery to try and fix it. If allow them to do that would I lose the 20%  compensation? I mean if the do the surgery and I get the range of motion back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent question.  I suggest "probably not", but its possible if you have a "permanent" reduction of symptoms.  See rating criteria:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/4.73

If your rating was a temporary rating, then its more likely.  How long ago did you get it?  

I would be shocked if VA gave you a permanent rating if there was a possibility surgery could/would correct it.  

Thank you for your reply broncovet! I was rated for it 4 years ago. I was just awarded a rating of 100%. I was at 80% it took the last 3 years to get all the proper paperwork accumulated for the VA. I ask the question because I've been doing physical therapy and I know they are going to offer surgery as the next step to fixing it.